Recent Posts

Nancy L.
on 2/28/05 3:02 am - Huntsville, Al
Topic: RE: 2 years post-op on February 27th. 2004
Just wanted to reach out and tell you Happy Anniversary! You and I had WLS the same day 3 years ago yesterday. I had my surgery 2/27/02 in Atlanta and so far so good. Congratulations and hope you continue to do well. Nancy
Amina B.
on 1/26/05 2:43 am - Aurora, IL
Topic: RE: Anyone at a plateau for their weightloss?
I am having the same problem too I want to lose like 30 more pounds I have been at mine about 4 months now I am tired of it my weight has fluctuated (sp) up and back today is not a good day I am feeling super fat.
Kassie I.
on 11/25/04 6:08 am - Gaines , PA
Topic: RE: Plastic Post Op
Congrats! I know it's such a wonderful feeling isn't it? I just had an abdominoplasty done 11/3 with what sounds like the same type of incision you have. It's so nice to finally feel free from fat and the skin ;) Congrats again!! ~Kassie
jackie_h1
on 9/3/04 1:39 am - Monroe, MI
Topic: RE: Does Anyone Find Things Like this Since Surgery
Monika, First off I'm sorry that you are going through all of this. Unfortunately not all health problems are "cured" with losing the excess weight. Some problems are not primarily caused by the obesity. I know several post ops who continue to have Diabetes and Hypertension. Still on medications...some on higher doses and some on lower. Unfortunately surgery rewards are as individual as the person having surgery. I also read your profile and I'm so happy to hear that you are trying to get back on track with your eating and avoiding the sugars. I want to tell you that is the #1 way to keep the weight off! AVOID THE SUGAR. Keep all other foods in moderation. I stick with these rules 1. Protein first, then if room for veggies and fruits 2. 64+ ounces of water per day 3. Exercise---even just walking daily 4. No grazing (eating non nutritional food every 1-2 hours) I am a "food addict" and still think about food. But I alone am responsible for the success I have from this surgery. I have to be in control, not the food. I also think your doc or surgeon is a bit off on the vitamin routine. I mean, you may need a little more than 2 children's chewables per day. What about calcium? Is your iron and B-12 levels ok? I currently take 2 Woman's One-a-day's (one before breakfast, one before dinner), 1500 mg of Calcium Citrate w/Vit D daily, along with bi-weekly B-12 shots. I wish you the best and good health! Jackie in MI Open RNY 2/8/02 369/164/1??
jackie_h1
on 9/3/04 1:24 am - Monroe, MI
Topic: RE: Plastic Post Op
Connie, Congrats to you! I'm so happy that you feel great, look great and have the perkiest boobs on that side of the Rockies! That was great! Congrats on your success! Jackie in MI open RNY 2/8/02 -205 pounds
Monica R.
on 8/21/04 12:04 pm - Mantua, NJ
Hi Patty, I truly understand what you are dealing with. I get so frustrated because things keep going wrong medically. Since I posted my original message I have been in the hospital for pneumonia a third time and once for cellulitis, the second time for that one. My dear you sure have had a lot to endure and get through. I don't have a support group to go through and that makes me even more frustrated. As that expression goes something like this, "you think you got it bad until you walk in someone else's shoes." I think I got it right. I will keep you in my prayers. I didn't have a problem with the bowels until recently. Because of a chronic pain condition, I've been put on a low dose of morphine 3x a day. It is taking a toll on the GI tract. It is getting me concerned. They gave me medication to take for that problem but it just makes me have 14 different scripts a day. I'm getting on a roll here and I better stop. I don't mean to downplay anything you've gone through. I understand a little better each day that this surgery is only a tool and not an answer to everything. There are some times though I like to say...hello...am I better yet? Hang in there. I understand. Monica Rickards Mantua, NJ
Jackie Y.
on 7/26/04 5:22 pm - APO, AE
Topic: RE: Anyone at a plateau for their weightloss?
I have been stuck at about the same weight for over a year now. I exercise every single day...try to watch what I eat, but....no improvement. I have a lousey 35 pounds left to lose to meet the goal I set back in 2002 when I first had my surgery. I weigh between 188 to 194. It fluctuates up and down between those two weights. I am sooooo discouraged. Don't know what to do. Trying to take more protein in and less carbs...Wish I could be more positive but...I have the same problem it sounds like.
PattyO
on 7/2/04 9:58 pm - McHenry, IL
Hi, My thoughts and Prayers are with you. I was so relieved to find someone in the same health position as I am. So I totally simpathize with you, Heres my story. Don't get me wrong I am glad I had the surgery too, but my health just seems to be getting worse.12 months post op I had to have a hysterectomy, followed by 1 ovary removed on March with numerous serious infections and the other ovary removed in June and followed up by a Herniation of my open RNY insision line. A total of 5 surgeries in 9 months. Fun! Fun! NOT! Now I have problems with my Bowels and have to see a surgeon for possible removal of a section of my colon.Because some reason or another I can not have a Bowel movement without lots of medication. This scares me to death. I am 29 months out and it has been Hell. And to beat all I only have lost 72 lbs and have not been able to loose any more weight. Though I am thankful that I haven't gained any either. SO I keep my head up and go to my support group meetings and try not to get to depressed. And hope my body starts responding in a positive way.
ELIZABETH C.
on 6/28/04 1:09 am - East farmingdale, NY
Lap Band on 04/23/04 with
Topic: RE: Hard to believe
WOW 246 way to go.
Connie M.
on 6/8/04 12:21 pm - Topeka, KS
Topic: Plastic Post Op
I just wanted to update to the 2/02 surgery page. My abdominoplasty and breast lift went exceptionally well. Because I had several scars from open and Lap (I had 3 WLS surgeries total due to complications) the doctor did a vertical incision and the usual hip to hip. The scar is SOOO thin. I have the tightest tummy in town...and the perkiest boobs for a 50 year old this side of the Rockies..LOL. I was total self pay, I knew my ins wouldnt pay for it. Now I weigh 123 today and wear size 3. I just don't eat sugar, I figure why press my luck..if I can tolerate it, I don't even want to know.
Most Active
Recent Topics