Recent Posts

Theresa B.
on 7/23/05 9:39 am - Effort, PA
Topic: RE: I WAS WONDERING..HOW MUCH YOU GUYS CAN EAT NOW..
I can eat a whole lot more than I did in the begining but a cup is about all. I do go out to eat but I have to watch and I get sick still on sweets. I have gained back some weight but the dr says it is normal and that I can maintain it now. I need to exersise more but I have a bad back and cannot move very well right now.
mabeline C.
on 6/23/05 1:24 pm - red boiling spgs, TN
Topic: RE: Does Anyone Find Things Like this Since Surgery
I HAVE NOT HAD THE SURGEY,BUT I HOPE THAT EVERY THING TURNS OUT ALL RIGHT TALK TO THE LORD HE CAN HELP
Connie M.
on 6/4/05 6:20 am - Topeka, KS
Topic: RE: plastic surgery after weight loss surgery
I am 51 and going for an inner thigh lift consult next week ( 3 years 130+ pounds off) How did your inner thigh go? Have you given any thought to inner arms, I have thought about it, but dont believe I will do it. I have read so much about "puckering" on the underarms.. My abdominoplasty was painful, my breast lift didnt hurt at all.
Connie M.
on 6/4/05 6:14 am - Topeka, KS
Topic: RE: 2 years post-op on February 27th. 2004
hey 3 years post op. RNY 2/26/02 Glad to hear you're doing well. You look good. have you had plastics?
Connie M.
on 6/4/05 6:11 am - Topeka, KS
Topic: RE: Does Anyone Find Things Like this Since Surgery
I had all my problems post op in the first 3 months. I had a lap RNY and found my bed soaked with blood when I woke up 8 hours post op. Back into surgery I went to repair a bleeder. Then 5 days later I was back in the hospital with a raging infection in my blood. I had to be opened up and cleaned out and given IV antibiotics. So within 5 days I had 3 major surgeries. Since I was 48, I didnt bounce back as fast as a younger person might have. I then had diahhrea and c-difficle that took 3 months to clear up. So I was off work 3 months. Since then I have had NO problems. I had abdominoplasty, breast lift. Lasik eye surgery and have a consult for inner thigh plastic surgery next week. I have lost 130+ pounds, now weighing 131 @ 5ft 6. I still do throw up on occasion if I overeat.
Connie M.
on 6/4/05 6:00 am - Topeka, KS
Topic: RE: I WAS WONDERING..HOW MUCH YOU GUYS CAN EAT NOW..
3 years post -op...I don't believe I eat over a cup at a time. I throw up on occasion if I do overeat. I go out to eat often BUT I dont go to Buffets ( a waste of money) I cannot eat a BIG hambuger such as a sonic 2.29 burger. I can only eat half and no fries. I eat OFTEN, though. I am at my normal weight at 131 5ft 6.
Rita P.
on 6/1/05 10:47 pm - Hamilton, Al
Topic: RE: 3 years post op
I am also 3 years post op. I had abdominoplasty 2 months ago and a boob lift. im 5 3 and never lost all my goal. I weight 151 and have found that ive only lost my weight real slowly but it never goes up more than a couple of pounds. Ive never had problems throwing up since the first year. My hair grew back that I lost and am in pretty good shape otherwise. Congratulations on your progress though. I have never regretted this surgery. I got a divorce last year. My ex also had this surgery and my son and daughter. They are all doing good also. Bye Rita Parris, Alabama
canada
on 5/24/05 4:39 am - ottawa, Canada
Topic: I WAS WONDERING..HOW MUCH YOU GUYS CAN EAT NOW..
HI GUYS, CONGRAD ON YOUR THREE-TWO YEAR MARK..I AM THREE WEEKS POST OPS AND I WAS WONDERING HOW MUCH CAN YOU GUYS EAT NOW? DO YOUR POUCH STRICTH CAN YOU EAT MORE THAN A CUP..ETC.ETC..I FEEL LIKE A WIERDO SOMETIMES BECAUSE I FEEL I'M NOT EVER GOING TO BE ABLE TO EAT OUT WITH MY FAIMILY ARE GO TO THE MOVIES AND ENJOY POPCORN. GUYS PLEASE HELP .. TRACEY,
Connie M.
on 3/5/05 4:45 am - Topeka, KS
Topic: 3 years post op
I would love to hear from someone who had the surgery the same month as I did. I'd like to know how you are doing? 1. I did reach below goal. I dropped to 119 and now up to 130 which at 5ft 6 is good for me. 2. I did have an abdominoplasty & boob lift and they turned out quite well. ( I PLAN to have an inner thigh job in October) PS> my ins. did NOT pay for that. 3. I still throw up at least once a week, I suspect I have a hital hernia as I generally throw up as SOON as I lay down if I have just eaten. I lost hair but it grew back for the most part. I only take vitamins, no B12 injections needed.
Betsy B.
on 3/4/05 10:25 am - Newberry, MI
Topic: RE: Anyone at a plateau for their weightloss?
Oh Yeah!!!!!!!! If there is one thing I've learned...even 125lbs down (I'm 5'1" down from 249lbs) I still have "fat days" and I've battled up and down 5-7 lbs for quite sometime now. BUT the bright side....we're HOT!!! And let's NOT forget where we come from to get where we are today Life is good !!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics