Almost 2 years

Bill D.
on 1/28/04 4:23 am - Middleville, NY
This is my first Post. I don't see many guys posting here, but I know they are around. I had my RNY 2/12/02 have dropped 250lb. Went from size 68 pants and 8x shirts to 36/38 pants and 17 1/2" shirts (off the rack at WalMart) I feel wonderful. My wife had the sane surgery a year ago the 29th of Jan. She has dropped 105lbs. What a new lease on LIFE for both of us. I've exceeded my weight loss by 10lbs and have remained stable for almost 4 months. Still very conscious of eating right/vitamins and exersize and water intake. Anyone had the Excess skin and fat removed?
Allen Y.
on 3/15/04 9:31 pm - Garland, TX
I had my WLS 2/1/02 and went from 587 lbs to 225. From size 10X sweats (because size 70 pants were to small) to size 38. I did have a pannalectomy/hernia repair in October 2003. Here it is march and I am still a little sore from that. Not pain, just not back to normal. My life has changed in so many ways... I went to a support group meeting with my wife the other day. There was a new guy there who looked like I did before. I made a point to set next to him and talk. He thought I was there because my wife needs wls. He could not understand why I was taking such an interest in him. When he understood that I was once very much so like him he just lit up. He said he could never even imagine me as heavy! HA HA Today is my birthday, I turn 41. But to be honnest I feel younger than I did at 28. I act that way some times too... LOL Allen
Shrinking S.
on 3/16/04 9:58 pm - South coast, MA
I am no where near the two year mark - actually only 6 weeks out. Had RNY on Feb 02,2004. Feeling fantastic. No dumping and eating very well. You guys are such an inspiration. Your upbeat attitude and no nonsense advice is what brings me back to this site. In Sep '03 I was referred for WLS. I had max'd at 360 lbs. Somehow I made the determination to not only throughly research this surgery, but I also quit smoking....that day. Haven't had one cig since. I actually lost weight dropping to 328 by my surgery date. I am currently at 280 and looking to get to the 215 - 210 range as my initial goal. You guys are great!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics