17 months out and feeling great!

Peggy P.
on 7/7/03 12:52 am - Springfield, VA
My surgery date was February 4, 2002. I've lost 107 lbs and feel wonderful. How much weight have others at this stage lost? Am I on target? I seem to be losing much more slowly now, but most importantly am not gaining. At what point do you begin to consider a tummy tuck? The fold of sagging skin is really bothering me and I want to begin thinking about having something done about it. Is insurance approval for a tummy tuck possible? I have Anthem CovaCare insurance through the State of Virginia. Congrats to all of you who have taken this journey!
Allen Y.
on 3/15/04 9:44 pm - Garland, TX
You can continue to loose weight if you really realy want to. But it will be more like a normal person who neer had wls trying to loose weight... DOn't let that make you affraid to try. Normal people loose weight if they want to. And now that you are years out from your surgery you should know how to live, eat and exercise like a normal person. Because for all intents and purposes you ARE normal now!!! COngrats on the new you... Allen
Moelysol
on 6/30/11 6:58 pm
I realize this message is very old but I'm curious as to whether you ever received approval and had the procedure done.  I'm in the same boat in terms of where I live and the type of insurance I have.  It's been 13 months and I've lost 50 lbs. with my lap band.  I'd like to lose another 30.  I've already got noticeable saggy skin all over my body though my weight loss has not been as dramatic as others.  How are you doing these days?  It's been nearly a decade for you. 
Most Active
Recent Topics