It's been a wonderfull year!!!

sHANTERRI C.
on 6/16/03 2:42 am - ATLANTA, GA
Hello, since I last posted, I'am down to 220 pounds, boy is that a long way from 315 pounds, now my goal is to get out of the 200's. I have not worn a size sixteen w in years. It is so much fun shoping again I have to remember sometimes that I no longer have to go to the plus size dept. I almost have the body I had before children, ha,ha,ha,ha this is so much fun!!!. There are two problems I know we are all dealing with and that is just when you've gotten used to wearing a smaller size, (lol) you have to go and buy another size. It 's just the best thing ever. Problem number two or maybe I should say question is there anyone that had the surgery thru Kaiser that has had there tummy tuck yet? If so please e-mail me at [email protected] with the information. Also I have recruited three ladies from CDC and I have been talking to a young lady that works for Bellsouth. If anyone lives in the Atlanta area or surrounding area maybe we can get to together. Peace!!!
Betsy B.
on 6/23/03 1:33 am - Newberry, MI
I must agree it's been GREAT....... NOT easy but great none the less. I have lost 113lbs and have gone from a 22-24 to a size 6 I'm now within 5lbs of my goal (i should say new goal as my orginal goal was a size 12) It was a VERY rough start but thankfully I had a wonderful surgeon and a great team of Doc s. My surgery was a complete success BUT we discovered that I am DEATHLY allergic to the antbiotic Levaquin. My liver went into complete failure before I was out of surgery and it is soooo rare that they had to call in a liver transplant surgeon who said that he had never seen it before but had heard of 2 cases where Levaquin had put livers into failure. Thankfully he was there because by that point I was truly on my way out. So although it was near death experience I still tell surgery canidates that it is worth it BUT I fel that it is VERY important to understand that ANY surgery could be fatal.......but carrying 100 plus lbs around too could be fatal!!!!!!!! have spoke with many patients prior to and following surgery and it's ALWAYS greaat to see the changes it brings. I am now trying to find a plastic surgeon to do my breast reconstruction. The only one I've seen so far said that my BCBS PPO wouldn't cover it but I'm confident that she is incorrect as I have recently read on this sight where a lady had: mastoplexy, lap and calfs done and the only thing here BCBS PPO wouldn't cover was the lipo. of her calves. So I still have hope!!!!!! I hope stays well for you and keep up the good work!!!!!!! I am now able to get around much better. I have severe arthritist and have had for 20+ yrs so this was my entire reason for the procedure but I must say the good looks are a wonderful "side effect"!!!!!!!! It's good to hear these success stories. Betz
Marcia A.
on 6/23/03 2:07 am - Holly, MI
It sure has! Almost to a year and half now. I, too, am now wearing size 16 and even some 14's. Unfortunately I seem to have turned my food addictions into shopping addiction. I have an entire walk-in closet of clothing to wear in the future that I have purchased on sales. Some has been given to me too. It is just so cool to buy a $60 Eddie Bauer wool skirt for $10 out of season. That NEVER happened when I was wearing 5X and could only shop from catalogs. To tell the truth, I couldn't shop at 5X - not because the stores didn't carry it but because I couldn't walk or stand long enough to shop when I weighed 378 pounds. Other wonderful things are not having to use a seatbelt extender on a plane or in the car, being able to cross my legs, taking ballroom dancing lessons and going to dances, even pulling weeds! I have a surgery date for a tummy tuck and thigh lift on Sept. 17. Tummy tuck was approved right away and am working on approval for legs. I will pay out of pocket if I have to because this flab's just gotta gol. Arms and chin will be done later as an out-patient. Best of luck as we continue our journey together.
Most Active
Recent Topics