6 year post-op anniv! :)

ShannonTxgirl
on 2/18/08 10:51 am - Arlington, TX
I am happy to say that I just had my 6 year anniversary on Feb. 15th and I feel great! I lost 150 lbs. within the first year and even though I've gained a few lbs. back it's not enough to be upset about...I still feel wonderful and my life is terrific. I went from a size 24 to a size 6/8. Anyone else who is 4-6 yrs post op want to talk, let me know! I'd love to make some new friends! Or anyone for that matter...doesn't matter if you are post-op or pre-op, I'm here!
smileyjamie72
on 2/22/08 2:27 am - Palmer, AK
My 6 year is coming up next Tuesday!!! Hard to believe!! I lost 150 pounds also!!! I have gained back alot of weight. Enough that I am having a hard time getting around again!! Summer will be upon us soon, here in Alaska. Hoping, now that I have a toddler, that I will be able to go out on walks more with him, after I get off of work.... My goal is EVERY NIGHT!!!! Take Care -Jamie
KatKushner
on 2/27/08 5:33 am - Carmichael, CA
Hi Shannon, Congratulations, I too am 6 years out from my surgery date and have gained back a little weight which I would really like to lose. I like all my size 8 clothes so much better then my 10's! But I also try to stay realistic and know that I'm not willing to sacrifice enjoying my life just to fit in a size 8 again. I really enjoy food now, so much more then I used to and the spicier the better! It's a strange thing. Before WLS I just ate...anything! Anyway I'd love to stay in touch, it's nice to find someone out there in about the same place as me. Take care! Kat
lmitchme
on 11/10/08 11:15 am - El Cajon, CA
Congratulations Shannon.  I am also 6 years post op; however, I have not been so lucky.   I have gained back about 60 pounds and am still have difficulty keeping food down although I eat very little.  Can't touch pasta or Chinese along with so many other foods and of course can't touch anything rich.  I vomit frequently and am on 3 medications to help with that.  I've had 2 endoscopys and have a lot of difficulty with malnourishment although I'm on so many vitamins and supplements.  I have blood work every 6 months and I'm constantly being told to add more vitamins/supplements or have to get shots (B12).  Unfortunately I also have severe osteoarthritis and osteopenia (6 surgeries in the last 5 years) so exercise is nearly impossible.  If anyone out there is experiencing these same problems I'd sure like to talk to you.  Kaiser doesn't seem to have anyone able to deal with these problems.
Thanks...Linda
bikerchic
on 11/22/08 12:54 am - Darlington, WI

hi linda,

I'll be 7 years out on february 27th 2009, Ive gained about 20 pounds, i also have medical problems, ive had 4 seizures since my surgery, anemia, hysterectomy,and more too numerous to mention, I try to eat right, but i cant  go back on the basic diet to lose the 20 pounds ive gained because if i do i get very close to having a seizure again,my blood sugar goes very low, a few days ago it dropped to 29, i get very disoriented cant focus, shaky, sweaty, sounds like dumping huh, im on meds for the seizures, have been since a year out of my wls, it is a side affect of the surgery so my doctor says anyway, i really dont think he knows,anyway i try to walk to get exercise, i dont do enough of that either, im 56 years old, I would love to have a buddy to try and lose weight with, you can email me diretly at [email protected], i need to update my photo and profile, its been a long time, valita/bikerchic

Tonya Ingram
on 2/25/09 10:24 pm - Montgomery, AL
I am 7 years post-op yesterday, and am glad to know I'm not the only one who has gained some weight back. I started at 309, and got as low as 180 (-129 lbs.), but now I'm back up to 220.  I went from a size 24/26 down to a size 16 comfortably.  I'm up to a size 18 and even it's beginning to be uncomfortable.  I met someone a few months back that had surgery I believe 4 years ago an she's a skinny minny... Like a size 4.  I never got below a 16!  But what she said to me was very ... RUDE!  She said "if you had gastric bypass surgery and you gain any weight back, then you don't deserve to be small and you should have never had it".  I'm sorry, Miss Perfect, didn't realize that's its a perfect system!  I am still an emotional eater...
Most Active
Recent Topics