How is Everyone Doing?

Michelle_2975
on 3/4/11 5:39 am - Canada
How is everyone doing? Any victories? Struggles?

I think that I am doing okay with this. For me, my victory has been not having to take my diabetes meds anymore, YAY!  I am strugggling with what to eat as I am not a big cooker and worrying if I am eating too much or too little.

Mich

A dream come true!

southernlady5464
on 3/4/11 6:09 am
1) Off my insulin pump as of the first of Feb and off all insulin by the 11th. Still taking 500 mgs of metformin tho.

2) I've lost over 23 inches all over.

3) My BMI, while at the very low end to begin with (I signed into my surgeon's office with a 35.2 and went into surgery with a 34.7) is NOW a 29.7. I am no longer obese.

4) I've lost 32.2 lbs since I first saw the surgeon, and 28.2 since my day of surgery.

5) I weigh less than the day of my wedding. I also weigh less than anytime during my entire marriage now. Once I get down to 145, I will weigh less than I have since I was a teen.

6) Getting all of my protein/vitamins in every day. My sleeve likes to gurgle at me constantly.

7) I have days when I simply do not want to eat. But I have to find something to eat.

Next:

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Coreen13
on 3/7/11 11:34 pm - MA

I had surgery on 1/10/11 and am doing well overall. I think my struggle has been my own lack of patience.  I thought it would be a bit quicker but am trying to focus on overall health!  I go to the gym regularly now and can do a little more every day.  I've lost 26 pounds since surgery two months ago and 46 pounds since December 10 for the pre-surgery diet and surgery combined. 

Sounds like you guys are both doing great!  Congratulations!

Hope the next few months bring great things too!  Good luck!

Coreen13
on 3/7/11 11:38 pm - MA
I eat a lot of Chobani or greek yogurt as its is high in protein.  I also have fiber one cottage cheese,  or high fiber oatmeal often.  Those are my go-to foods as I know I don't have issues with them and can get some nutrional benefits and can eat them on the go.  I've been doing okay with chili also.   I do have a few problems with chicken.  Other stuff i**** or miss for me at this point.  Sometimes eggs are good and sometimes they are not.
terilynn112
on 3/10/11 8:54 pm - maryland, NY
I'm doing good.... weight wise, but physically it's a struggle. I wanna start running (my personal goal is to do a 5 k in October). But am still only allowed to walk and start riding my exercise bike again. Remember I'm 2 weeks post op of a bowel resection. I'm down a stead 45 to 46 pounds in two months. My shape has changed a lot. Will measure in a bit. The first month, all over I lost 17 inches. This month is still up in the air.

I'm struggling with protein supplements. They are so constipating, and that is a big problem with my new surgery. My surgeon (one of my bariatric team), actually took me off them for two weeks, to allow my system to heal. That's another few days. I'm eating ONLY protein at this point, trying to get it all in. I manage about 40 a day. One shake would put me over my minimum amount. It's a struggle.

Victories, man walked into church last sunday and had two people (later others) just stop in their tracks, and comment on my weight loss.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

skabets112
on 3/27/11 5:25 pm
I'm doing well, I have lost 55 lbs in the 2.5 (or whatever it is now...lol) months. So far I haven't had any complications, minus a bit of fatigue, which I upped my b12 by 500 mg a day, and seems to have cured it Getting my labs drawn this week, tomorrow I believe, and I'll see how everything is going in my blood. I'm so excitd for us!!

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"  Phil 4:13

Most Active
Recent Topics
18 Months
theresad33 · 4 replies · 1164 views