Hair loss

cody1071
on 5/9/10 9:27 am - Green Brook, NJ
Hello everyone,  I have been noticing the past couple of days that my hair is starting to fall out. I get all my protien in and rarely forget the vitamins and was hoping that I would skip that unfortunate part of the surgery. 
Also, for any fellow red meat lovers, I made some filet mingion (I think that is how you spell it) and was able to tolerate three or four small bites because it is so soft. It is expensive, but protien rich and okay for special occasions.  Diane 
Tinkers107
on 5/10/10 1:41 am - Dyer, IN
Going through the same thing right now. Hair is getting really really sparse. :(

The filet sounds awesome!

Erika

Example 1

cody1071
on 5/11/10 3:13 am - Green Brook, NJ
Well at least we're thinner!   Do you know how long the hair loss lasts?   Anyway, Ive seen some of your other posts and I'm very impressed.  You motivate me to work out more.  Diane
Missy N.
on 5/10/10 5:31 am - Kalkaska
Mine started about 12 weeks out, and has not stopped yet.  I could probably make a quilt out of my hair I have lost.  As you see from my picture I have short hair.  It is crazy.  I think every time I take show a little hamsters shows up at the drain of the tub! LOL

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

cody1071
on 5/11/10 3:24 am - Green Brook, NJ
Very funny post!   Hopefully the hair loss will stop soon.  I don't regret the surgery though, I feel so much better and I feel I look better thin hair or no.   Diane
Tinkers107
on 5/11/10 3:37 am - Dyer, IN
We were told at my doctors office that it usually lasts until the 8th or 9th month and that definitely by a year we will start the regrowth process!!! Hopefully that is the case cause I didn't have a lot of hair to begin with!!!!!

Erika

Example 1

cody1071
on 5/11/10 10:11 pm - Green Brook, NJ
Wow,  8th or 9th month.  We Jan. people have about 4 mos.  Yikes!!!.  I'm going to try to up my protein, maybe that will help.   I was reading that taking extra zinc also helps.   I have to research a bit.   Diane
Deb Breneman
on 5/16/10 2:05 am - Newburgh, IN
 I'm just starting to notice it a bit in the shower and when I brush my hair.  I was wondering if it was my imagination since I've been expecting it.  My hair is very fine so it doesn't look like I have much to start with.  I've been getting my protein in, taking Biotin and using Nioxin shampoo.  Nothing else I can do but wait and see how bad it gets.  
Deb Breneman
HW: 250      SW: 240    RNY 1/25/2010       CW: 119 (22lbs below goal)
Message me to join our confidential FB group Deborah Marks Breneman and put WLS Support and I'll add you to the group.  Group is "secret" so members and posts are private.  [email protected] 

Find out details about upcoming WLS Buddy Cruises at
http://www.facebook.com/LifeCandyTravel  

zanne2324
on 5/17/10 12:10 am - West Bend, WI
For the past few weeks I have lost a bit of hair. Fine hair but was very thick head. Down about 40% already and have been good about my protein.. Not sure what else to do but don't be shocked if you see a bald picture of me in a few months.!! LOL..
Still worth it!
 HW - 383/ SW - 376/ CW - 259/ GW - 199

Celia S.
on 5/17/10 3:13 pm - Clarks Summit, PA
I have not really had a problem with hair loss, but I have REALLY thick hair and maybe I just have not noticed. It grows back eventually, but a friend of mine said that taking biotin helped her a lot.
Celia

Most Active
Recent Topics