Has THIS happened to anyone else???????

P.J.
on 1/12/08 10:00 am
I am scheduled to have the Gastric Sleeve surgery on January 14th - That is just 24 hours away! I have done all my tests, and I have an approval letter from insurance company. Friday evening the Hospital notified my surgeon and advised him that they would not allow him to perform the procedure unless I was willing to sign a waiver assuming financial responsibility if they have trouble collecting from my insurance. Another patient who has the same insurance as I do had this procedure done 5 weeks ago, and they do not want to perform my procedure until they see if they get paid for her. This is crazy !!!! P.S. I do not plan on signing ANYTHING! :-S
Toni Ocean
on 1/13/08 9:53 pm - Seattle, WA
Lap Band on 01/15/08 with
good for you, pamela! that's a crock of s*** and pretty unethical. you have your letter and that should be plenty for them. so this morning, you're either at the hospital or on the phone with your insurance company. if you're on the phone with your insurance company, make your next phone call to the state medical licensing board complaint line. good luck!
P.J.
on 1/13/08 10:57 pm
Yeah, there are some harsh conversations taking place this morning. I don't want to say too much - you never know what could come back to bite you! Wish me luck!
kimpossible
on 1/19/08 6:51 am - Sandy, UT
I think this is a pretty standard request. I just barely signed a release like this with my dentist yesterday. I think it really comes down to you would have to fight the insurance company....and since you have a letter, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Good luck with your surgery!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 1 replies · 674 views
Hello
shaysmom · 0 replies · 805 views
ITS ALMOST TIME!!!!
diamondsparkle08 · 0 replies · 915 views
clogged
CHARO · 1 replies · 919 views