I'm down 78. How much have you lost?

Bieniasz
on 6/22/04 10:25 am - Tampa, FL
Hey Michelle! I will be the "official slowest loser"....I have lost 55 lbs. It's ok though....I WILL GET THERE!!! Lori 222/167/1?? laprny 1-6-04
Tanya C.
on 6/22/04 12:45 pm - palm Bay, Fl
Hey Lori... I have you beat...lol I had surgery the same day as you...down 53 pounds, but lost 31 in the few months before surgery and was a "light weight" Currently 138....18 pounds til goal
BarbieCarroll
on 6/22/04 11:53 am - Norcross, GA
Hey all! Everyone is doing sooooo well! I have lost 70lbs in 5 months. I am looking to be under the big 2-0-0 before July 21, 6-month anniversary. I've gone from size 24-26 to size 16-18. It's GREAT!!! Take care all! Barbie 281/213/150ish
Jennifer K.
on 6/22/04 10:51 pm - Toledo, OH
Hi, all! I haven't been on this board in awhile, and it's good to be back! I had my RNY on 1/19 and I'm down 74 pounds.....I'm always curious to see what everyone is starting out at, and how much they've lost. I think it depends on how much you need to lose to get to goal and what weight you are starting at -- everyone agree? I started at 250 at 5ft 3inches....so I feel like I'm just about on track. By my surgeon's standpoint, I'm quite a bit ahead of schedule. By mine (my, my, my we get SOOO greedy, don't we!!?!?!?) I wi**** were going faster! NOw, my next thought: I'd like to know how much everyone is exercising in relation to their weight loss. I have found my new addiction -- ROLLERBLADING! I am doing -- and I'm not exaggerating for shock value, I swear! -- about 10 to 15 miles 5-7 days a week. NOw, I thought that would be helping the loss, but in the last 2 months that I've been doing that, it has stayed pretty consistent. I think I'm toning and losing inches, but not losing any faster. And I know, I know...the most important thing is that I KNOW my heart is so much healthier -- and the results of feeling so much better are worth it ALL. I think I'll post a little something about exercise to see some resonses, too! Good luck everyone! and here's to OUR HEALTHY BODIES!!!!! ;0) Jen
BeBe G.
on 6/23/04 3:29 am - Altadena, CA
Hi Michelle, I think I am the winner. I started at 307. My surgery date was 1/28/04 and I'm down 61 lbs. I don't know if what I'm doing is wrong. I just know that I loose 2-3 lbs a week and sometimes I eat things I shouldn't. I do exercise 4-5 times a week at curves and I get in at least 70 g of protein a day sometimes as much as 90g and I drink an additional 70 -90 ounces of liquid. Occasionally I eat what everybody else eats, but mostly I stick to protein and liquid (water or crystal light). If I go out to eat, I have salad and I do put dressing on it, not fat free or light because of the carbs. If there is a birthday party, I have cake. I don't know if this is inhibiting my weight loss, but I don't do it very often. I try to do everything in moderation. My Dr seems happy with my results and if I keep going at this pace, I will have lost all the weight I intended to loose in one year. If I don't, then I will need to make some changes in the way I do things, but for now, I am happy. I'd like things to go faster, but I'm ok with whats happening. I wish you continued success. Barb
glori74
on 6/23/04 1:50 pm - summerville, SC
I had surgery Jan 14 -04.I started at 245 size 22/24.I am now 148 pds for a total of 97 lost and in size 8 and can fit in some 6s.I am 5 foot 9.I eat low cal,lowfat,no sugar,lowcarb,fatfree,mostly all two word diet foods and alot of lean proteins,fruit,veggies and I walk everyday just bout.No problems except hernia which I am getting fixed possible tt from some loose tummy area,but basically doing wonderful!
DebSki
on 6/25/04 2:03 am - B, IL
I'm down 78. Started at 252. I feel great except for a very large hernia. I was approved for a panni and breast reduction just yesterday. I hope it can wait until October. Debbie
jaws1013
on 6/25/04 2:15 pm - Lynbrook, NY
RNY on 01/27/04 with
Wow you guys are doing great!!!!! I had my surgery on 1/27/04 and I am offically down 77lbs.....wich leaves me with only 73 lbs to go....go me.....
Jeremy P.
on 6/28/04 10:13 am - Riverside, CA
I started the process at 455lbs. I lost 30 lbs before sugery on 1/12/04. I am now down to 309lbs for a total of 146 lbs since the start or 116 pounds since surgery. Jeremy
Joel S.
on 7/4/04 12:34 pm - Tampa, FL
I had my surgery Jan 18th and I weighed 340 pounds. Now today I weigh 235 but have hit a nasty plateau.
Most Active
Recent Topics
10.5 years out
tyx3mom · 2 replies · 714 views
How is everyone doing?
Nancy · 0 replies · 848 views
Support for 10yr Post-Op
susan1713 · 0 replies · 791 views
Scared of a colonoscopy!
terrylynn · 0 replies · 829 views