This kinda sucks...

Alison S.
on 3/21/12 8:11 pm
 I had my lap band surgery about 11 months ago, the day of my surgery I weighed 319lbs... I know weight 285 and I can't seem to lose anymore... I work out 3-5 times a week and for about 45-90 mins each time. 

I have 7 cc's in my 10 cc's band, I have restriction first thing in the morning, and after I work out... I know that I overeat still, but nothing like I use too.. I haven't had bread in 4 months, but I do eat pasta... 

Everyone expects me to have lost way more weight than I have and it makes me disappointed in myself.... 

Sorry just had to express my frustration cause I don't feel I can do it to anyone else... 
Michelle_W
on 3/21/12 8:27 pm
Adjustable Gastric Band on 11/10/11
 Alison,  Maybe you are just in a plateau phase.  Keep up the exercising, and maybe talk to your doc.  My weight loss has slowed down, it is frustrating.  It is hard because others have expectations of us.  Take care.  Michelle.
steelerfan1
on 3/21/12 10:17 pm
Allison have you tried playing around with your calories ? 

Your body can only stay at so many calories and then you will just stop losing or if you are eating to little your metabolism will really slow down.

For me I cant eat anything less then 1200 a day . I have to eat between 1200 to 1800 per day for me to lose weight .

And this is my personal opinion I still eat pasta , just because we got the band dont mean we cant have them things , if you eat pasta every now again that is fine, if  you are eating it two or three times a week then you need to cut back on that .

Have you done your measurements also ? You might be losing inches and that is just as important as the scale.

Are you tracking your food ? And I mean every little morsel of food that goes into your mouth ? It's amazing how fast calories add up when you take a bite of this or that .

Those little bites can do damage if you don****ch it .

Like my doc told me the lapband is the hardest of all the WLS because basically we are still doing the same thing as before we got the band . Diet and exercise . 

Dont give up , you dont want to see them 300's again .
crystal M.
on 3/22/12 12:43 am - Joliet, IL
 I'm glad to see you work out. So many people complain about not losing but don't workout.  I have a suggestion....  If you go to the gym and you tend to stick to the treadmill change over to the elliptical. If you are at home and take walks then maybe you should try intervals.  Walk and then break out into a jog for a minute then walk for 5 minutes then jog for a minute.  When I plateaued this really helped.  Also if you haven't already you should incorporate some strength training. It will speed up your metabolism and help with lean muscle. 

I also agree its ok to eat pasta once in awhile but make sure its occasional not frequent.  Heck tomorrow I'm eating some pizza.  Just make sure with all that exercise you are getting at least 1200 calories and enough protein. I also think people make the mistake of drinking too many calories.  Make sure you aren't drinking too much coffee, juice, protein and other things that can add calories without you realizing.

Oh it's been nice out try bike riding, hiking, gardening...I read that gardening can burn lots calories.  It's my new hobby this year...now that I moved somewhere with a yard!!!  I am also signing up for yoga.  I am trying to come up with new hobbies that aren't so sit on my butt and do nothing...like reading (I still read but at night before bed).  

Good luck!!!
steelerfan1
on 3/22/12 1:31 am

Crystal gave you really good advice about exercise.  I was watching what I was eating 90% of the time and doing extreme Zumba and wasnt losing weight .

This past week I started to walk my dogs around the park since its nice out now.  Tuesdays, Wednesdays , Fridays  I walk a mile to  two miles  on my walk and then I do my extreme Zumba on Monday's and Thursdays here in a few weeks I will adding Zumba on Tuesdays to .

Your body will get use to the same old exercise also so you have to change that up along with your food.

Try shocking your body with calories also.  sometimes I will go a couple days under 1000 calories but dont stay there to long eating less then 1200 calories a day really isn't healthy for your body in the long run .   Staying  really low calories for long periods of time will do damage to your body ,   my metbolsim was so screwed up because of doing that , and I passed out during exercise class because my body wasnt getting the food it needed for my exercise ..  Up your calories I will go as high as 2000 calories for a few days then go back to my normal eating  . It shocks your system and will get you out of a funk :o)

Most Active