revision to DS

Miera
on 1/6/12 7:45 am - Toronto, Canada

HI There - Has anyone had a revision of their DS?  I am 5 plus years out and have gained about 40 pounds back.  Just wondered...

Thank you.  Hope all are doing well.
Have a great night
Miera

MajorMom
on 1/6/12 8:17 am - VA
There are several revision folks that will probably chime in. Also, I'll send you a link via PM to where many of the vets are. A good place to start researching the DS is www.dsfacts.com .

-gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/12 9:29 am, edited 1/6/12 10:11 am
What's the problem other than gain?
MsBatt
on 1/6/12 9:29 am
There's not a lot of revision that can be done to a DS. Have you tried journaling your food? That's where I'd start. Cut carbs, increase (if necessary) protein, amke sure you're drinking enough water.

It's possible to re-sleeve your stomach, but it's a pretty high-risk procedure. It's also possible to shorten your common channel, but that's probably not a good idea unless your labs are super-good.

I bet you can lose that 40 pounds pretty easily.

Sher Bear Mama
on 1/6/12 12:50 pm
 My surgeon said he was pretty conservative when it came to the length of my common channel--but he said that if I didn't lose weight (or enough weight) that he'd rather shorten it a bit than over do it from the start.  So I imagine it's been done--where someone has the common channel shortened.

Good luck!

Sher--the bear mama

mrsannie
on 1/6/12 9:31 pm
Wow!  I don't know if I would go that route!  You may wind up with many more issues than you bargined for like more gas and food intolerances.  I'd try and leave well enough alone and really focus on your food and exercise.  I know its tough, but you may be sorry and then your stuck!

Good luck!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
airbender
on 1/7/12 10:39 pm
hi yes there are DS revision pts here.  either your VSG can be revised or your limbs can be adjusted, usually the common channel is shortened.  resleeving is more immediately dangerous and shortened common channel is more problematic due to over malabsorption.  I am sure you have gone through your food journal, keeping your carbs below 50 gm/day, increasing your water intake, have you had your thyroid checked for hypothyroidism? etc.....good luck to you in your decision
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 437 views