Unflavored unjury

jmgrant81
on 5/27/14 4:37 am - deltona, FL

I bought unjury because I heard it was flavorless, I tried it in sugar free kook-aid and about threw up.  Any suggestions on a way to hide the taste?  I spent $30 on the stuff, so I need to find away to use it.  

jazzycatz
on 5/27/14 5:01 am, edited 5/27/14 5:14 am - Joppa, MD

Sucks huh? None of the unflavored protein powders I have ever encountered are flavorless. They just don't add any flavorings. Tossed my first scoop into some cottage cheese.  

You have to put it in things that have a stronger taste. I was able to use it  in soups, just make sure you temper it before you add it or it clumps if your soup is too hot. Same with coffee which wasn't too awful.  I would mix in tiny amounts into my other protein shakes. Once I tossed some into a turkey meatloaf just to use some of the stuff.

In the end I got rid of close to half a tub.

Edited to add: have you checked out bariatricfoodie? Just google it and her blog should come up. She does have a lot of protein shake receipes (and food recipes for post-op) and she is bound to have one that will help you hide the taste.

Tracy D.
on 5/27/14 5:23 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I used it with SF Jello to make a protein jello and it was OK.   I've heard of people using it with SF puddings.   

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Mac333
on 5/27/14 9:18 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

I added the unflavored powder to sugar free banana pudding. It covered up the distinct odor of the powder which personally I can't tolerate. Hope this helps!

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

jmgrant81
on 5/28/14 10:51 am - deltona, FL

Thanks everyone!

Most Active