Going to Mexico!

compguru14
on 5/27/14 12:39 pm

Well i finally got decent financing for my Sleeve. It does mean ill be going to mexico for it but after talking to a few people and doing my research, I am comfortable with it. It turns out we will be making a family trip there. I will have my mom, aunt and uncle all there. My uncle had is gastric bypass a year ago and all 3 of us are getting the sleeve. 

The hospital there picks you up from San Diego and takes you to the Hospital and back. It seems like they really take care of their patients. Due to my BMI it is costing me $5500 where both my mom and aunt got it for $4500. Still a lot of money but beats the heck out of $16000 when you health insurance doesn't cover it. We are scheduled for June 23rd, and  am starting my diet now in hopes of getting my BMI down to 49 to save myself $1000.

For anyone who has gone down before, how was the plane ride back? Seems that might be a rough 2 hour flight in coach..........

I do not need any negative feedback about going to Mexico either, please keep those comments to yourself.

LizzyM
on 5/27/14 2:26 pm

Hi, I went to Mexico to have Dr. Aceves do my sleeve. Everyone was wonderful there, especially Dr? Aceves!he saw me every day! The pain wS not bad. Ride home on a cramped airplane was tough as we were crammed in there like sardines! Again, the pain was not bad, even in sirplane. I sipped instant chicken broth on way home. I lost 136 pounds within the year. Don't be nervous, it's just wonderful! Good luck!

Liz

7 lbs. lost preop included in total
Eggface
on 5/27/14 3:54 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes to you and your family members. I had weight loss surgery (RNY) in Mexico it'll be 8 years next month and I went back twice for reconstructive plastic surgery. All were great experiences well LOL as much as getting cut open can be ;) I had long drives (I'm a little north of San Diego) but... stay hydrated, take your pain meds, keep them in your carry-on easily accessible, ask for early boarding to get situated without having to rush, have something soft, sweater or something to place in between seat belt and incisions, don't lift stuff.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

HeatherCakes71
on 6/13/14 4:21 am
RNY on 04/09/21

I'm hunting for financing can I ask where you found financing for Mexico?  Also, which Dr. did you select?  The prices are wonderful.  So much advice on OH it's hard to figure it all out.  Thanks so much :-)

RNY Date: 04/09/2021 with Dr. Thien K. Nguyen, HW 350/CW 305 (03/26/2021) GW 150

49 F and 5'9"

Most Active