what are some good snacks?

tpasun
on 5/25/14 6:38 am

Im pre op, no date set yet, still working on getting that set.  Of course my surgeon wants me to lose about 20lbs before surgery.  Im doing ok, using my fitness pal, but I'm getting stuck on what to have for snacks in between meals! any low carb suggestions? bonus points for anything that's easy to take to work! Thanks!

Buckets
on 5/25/14 6:52 am - Southwest, IA
RNY on 04/16/14

Low fat cheese sticks, low fat 80 or 90 calorie yogurt, ham slice spread with light cream cheese and wrapped around a dill pickle Speer, sugar free jello,  or celery, green pepper chunks, or cucumber slices with a little ranch dip.

I lost 40 pounds pre op.

VBG in 1987:  HW 267      Recent HW:  242  SW 196 Revision to RNY on April 16, 2014.

burghblonde
on 5/25/14 11:33 pm
RNY on 05/12/14

If you like hummus, that was always a go-to snack for me. As a matter of fact, I cannot wait until I can have raw veggies because carrot sticks and cucumbers with hummus...one of my favorites!!! Yum!  Also, laughing cow wedges and baby bells, an apple with a bit of natural Peanut Butter, or a piece of lean turkey/ham/roast beef wrapped around a piece of light string cheese. I also always kept some roasted almonds or peanuts on hand pre-op, and Quest Nutrition bars were my best friend for sweet cravings! Full of protein...no sugar!

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Most Active