Need Ideas?????

chatterbox69
on 2/10/12 1:23 pm - N Muskegon, MI
Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get in the swing of losing again.  I have gained my weight back and I really want to get back to losing just dont know where to start.  Dr said he could do a revion but I have to journal and that is my worst part.  I would appreciate any suggestions any of you may have.  Thank YOU

Diva Darlene

Marilyn101
on 2/10/12 1:36 pm - FL
Well i would go back to what you did when you first had you wls. Start there eating very small portions drinking water and working out. It wont be easy it was not the first time but i am sure you can do it. Just go back to working your tool.
ChristineB
on 2/10/12 5:03 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
And easy way to log your food, exercise and water is with an app on your phone or using a website like myfitnesspal or sparkpeople. I use myfitnesspal and can log my info either on my PC or my phone.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

AnneGG
on 2/10/12 5:27 pm, edited 2/10/12 10:39 pm
There is the Getting Back on Track Together group here that you might want to check into. Go to Community, then Groups.

I think this weight loss and maintenance journey requires a lot of self discipline to work over the long term. That is a skill I'm working hard at developing.

So please do do your journaling, and whatever else you need to do to take care of yourself. A revision isn't going to cut it (pun intended) if you aren't doing your part.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Trish6660
on 2/10/12 10:25 pm - Long Island, NY
My surgery group is in denial that regain even happens.  When you go to support meetings they crucify you if you speak of this negative issue!!  I've been chastised this from the wife of my surgeon several times.  Now when I go to meetings I no longer share my journey.  Nobody wants to hear about the reality of regain.  Eventually, your old habits come back to haunt you, the surgery was no quick fix but yes, just another tool to help with the long term weight loss regimen.  I am detoxing my house for starters, getting rid of any junk that should just not be there. If you don't have it at your disposal, you are less likely to indulge.  Second, I will try to get back on track by making more conscientious "choices".  It's really all about the daily and routine choices we make.  I try not to beat myself up, realize that there are people who also struggle with regain, that I'm not alone and that I can do this without my former sugeons's assistance.  If I end up needing a revision, I will choose someone else who is more supportive for all his patience and not just those who sell his surgery. 
 Trish
chatterbox69
on 2/11/12 12:28 am - N Muskegon, MI
I appreciate all the responses from everyone.  Starting over or Getting back on track is very difficult.  I am a mother of 2 teenagers ages 17 & 19 and I do daycare for a 1year old.  I try to keep busy and not snack during the day but that is hard when you are at home and having a stressed day.  My family is going through a rough spot right now financially and I need to come up with solutions to find ways to get the bills paid and try to get exercise and journaling at the same time.  Very Difficult. 

I want to be faithful to my pouch but it seems like I barely eat anything and I am still gaining.  I am definetly stop graizing and then more exercise and try to make better choices but having feed teenagers at the same time is difficult.
Trish6660
on 2/11/12 3:45 am - Long Island, NY
Can you get the teenagers more involved in food preparation so that you don't have to be around temptation so often?  I know its difficult.  I have no room to advise you.  I struggle with the same issues and have no children or "excuses" to keep me off track.  You have to look at it as a conscious decision, just like you did originally with your surgery.  Think of how you are hurting yourself each time you choose the wrong behavior.  If your child was hurting and struggling, what would you do to help them?  Be good to the inner child of your own :)  She needs you right now!!  I don't find journaling all that helpful for myself.  I really dont' have the time.  Honestly, you KNOW what you are doing wrong.  The trick is to be AWARE of it BEFORE you choose the behavior and choose something else, an alternataive activity or food or whatever is the case.  I also hate exercise and the mantra "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" has lost its pizzaz for me ....trying to get back to making healthier alternative choices and lose those old habits.  The only way to do that is to replace them with better one's.  The choice is yours and every day you can dust yourself off, forgive yourself and choose to do it right today.  Good luck!!  I'm rooting for you (and me) :)
 Trish
Most Active