have to prove I want the revision??

chatterbox69
on 3/24/11 5:14 am - N Muskegon, MI
I went for the consult to have my hernia repaired today and they were going to do the revision gastric bypass and the hernia repair and fix the adhesions all at the same time but now the dr wants me to prove to him that I am ready to  have the revision and that I would be able to keep the weight off if I did have the revision so he put me on a 30gm fat  and low carb diet and I go back in 1 month to see him so he can see how i am doing.  what a day I am having.  any suggestions as to what kind of recipes or where I can find good recipes at on the internet?????

Diva Darlene

Katari
on 3/24/11 5:22 am - OR
Get a low carb cook book from the library, or if you want to buy one, check out amazon.com. I have a 500 low carb recipe book that has some great stuff in it. Low fat as well.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Emily F.
on 3/24/11 8:50 am
What is your revision? Will he resize the pouch? etc.

Log what you are eating in a site like livestrong or myfitnesspal. Then you can see your calories, carbs, fat, etc.
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 11:34 am
 I had  a surgeon like that  . he put me on a  seemingly impossible six week long all shake diet to see if I'd fail or was determined enough to get the surgery .   

I  lost like 40  lbs.  

If  Ur ready Ull do what U need to do .  U can do it  .....
Amy_Kleve
on 3/24/11 1:45 pm - Adrian, MN
Yea, what is the revision??? I have an incisional hernia, from my last c-section 2 years ago.

My surgeon said it would be best to do the revision FIRST! Loose the weight and THEN have the hernia repair. Think about it, if you are over weight (Idk if you are or not) BUT, like me, there is no sense in getting the hernia repaired, b/c min will just pull right back out again with all of my weight. I hope to get a revision first, loose all my weight (hope) and then get the repair.

Of course, if your hernia is causing discomfort or if it is an emergent surgery, then you would want to get that fixed ASAP

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Most Active