HELP!! What do I do now??

raye1976
on 2/4/12 12:03 am
Okay, so last night my husband put a new battery in the bathroom scale that I have been using from the very first day of my weight loss journey.  This morning I got up and got on the scale and it shows me 12 lbs lighter than when I weighed myself yesterday morning!!  I got off and on 3 or 4 different times and it stills shows the 12 lb difference!!!  We have another scale in the house, so I got on that one to see what it says.  It shows me at about 1.5 lbs lighter than yesterday mornings weight.  What should I do???  I don't know how much I weigh now.  I would love to be the 12 lbs. lighter but I don't know which scale is right.

Could it be all the time that I thought I was in a 'stall' and the scale wasn't moving that it just actually needed batteries!!!!  I know that I lost inches   during that supposed stall.  I have my 3 month follow-up in 2 weeks but I really don't want to wait that long to see what my actual weight is.

Any suggestions????
raye1976            
PeggyRN
on 2/4/12 12:17 am - Merrionette Park, IL
Put a 5 pound bag of sugar or flour on the scale and see if it is giving you the right weight..Or you can try to make sure the scale has been zeroed....
Good Luck I hope this works

onemoretry
on 2/4/12 2:07 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I would totally do this. Find something in the house that you know the weight of and put it on the scale.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

mama2girls
on 2/4/12 12:20 am
You might try to get your weight at the dr and check at home and see what it is so you know where you are or try not to worry so much, or toy might just need to buy a new scale

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

Jenijeni
on 2/4/12 12:28 am
CVS pharmacy has that "Minute Clinic" thingy... you could go ask if they'll let you get on the scale for a sec and see if it jibes with your scale at home. I've weighed myself at CVS and a local grocery store before.

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

BETHC500
on 2/4/12 12:55 am
I would buy a new scale and get rid of the other two.  I like the Weigh****chers scale it is within 3 lbs of my doctors scale (the difference is usually because I weight myself in the morning and my Dr appts are always in the afternoon). 

BriarRose
on 2/4/12 1:06 am
Hell, I've got no advice, but I'm going to run and change the batttery in my scale !!!!!
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
Valsdetermined2lose
on 2/4/12 2:04 am
LOL, too funny!
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

kahlana
on 2/4/12 2:55 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
i wish my scale was battery operated so I could change the batteries in it too!

My Blog My Facebook

VeronicaJ5
on 2/4/12 3:01 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
I like the bag of sugar idea! My dog actually beats me to my scale and I know what she weighs so I know mine isn't off
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views