GALLSTONES

ceedott
on 1/11/13 2:45 am - PA

So I went to have a chest X-ray and abdominal u/s today and i have gallstones..

anyone have any information about this? does that mean my gallbladder has to come out?

had realize band in 08 band has to come out trying to get a revision to vsg

Hislady
on 1/11/13 6:16 am - Vancouver, WA

Very common and we are kinda double cursed because overweight people tend to have issues as well as people who have lost alot of weight. We really don't need the gall bladder so if it causes problems or just for convenience sake if they are already in there, you may as well have it taken out. Some docs take it out automatically just as a precaution. I had mine out and it was even an easier surgery than the band was. 

MsBatt
on 1/11/13 7:52 am

The good news is, they can do it at the same time as your revision.

pineview01
on 1/12/13 12:14 pm - Davison, MI

Hopefully nothing will happen so you can have both out at the same time.  I still have mine.  My doctor was surprised as I have gained and lost 100- 80 pound Four different times in my life not to mention the regular up 50 down 30 many times.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ceedott
on 1/13/13 11:04 pm - PA

i really want to have everything done at the same time but i don't think its going to happen like that

and hopefully my insurance approves my revision. my weight is the what i weighed before my liquid diet prior to surgery

i am 258lbs day of surgery i was 232lbs and my lowest was 173lbs i never reached my goal to be 150-160lbs

i'm sad and miserable and feel like a failure but being on this site and reading everybody post has helped me out a great deal

so i thank everyone

Most Active