Dr. Stewart Patients - Leah Left???

Batwingsman
on 8/30/11 5:40 am - Garland, TX

I just tried calling Dr. S.'s office to see if I could order some of those calcium citrate supps. he has put together for DSers, and learned that Leah and his office departed company about 6 months ago.   They didn't seem to want to talk about the cir****tances of her departure.  

Leah was Dr. S.'s "right-hand gal" and a nice point of contact for prospective patients.  

Anyone have any idea why she left?       Who took her place? 

(btw, why do we have a separate "BPD" forum now on OH???   Do any surgeons even still do that old procedure?   This will likely just cause more confusion for prospects looking into the DS, IMHO  )

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

YeahItsCase
on 8/30/11 7:30 am
Leah has been gone for a several months, as you said.

They have a separate insurance person handling all of those things out of office now.  They also had Matthew and several other new people handling other things around the office.  They are all great. Matthew is on his way out of the office simply because he is doing a career change and Heather has been hired in his place. She is great!  Jessica is also a now full time registered dietitian in the office and handles scheduling, the vitamin store, etc.

Hope this helps :)

Batwingsman
on 8/30/11 11:03 am - Garland, TX
 Yes, and thanks ..   

In fact, I did talk earlier today with Jessica and she seems very nice and helpful.   She let me know that the vitamin store is gong online in another couple of weeks or so.   Can't wait to check it out when it does! 

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

MizCharlotte
on 8/30/11 10:18 am - Spring, TX
Yes, and Sue (the nurse) is still there.
bldeck
on 8/30/11 10:51 am - Farmington, NM
I am never happy for anyone to lose there job.  But not having to deal with her did wonders for my outlook when I called his office.  She gave wrong information often.

I think Steve (SlimShady) stated that his office underwent some type of in house study and they went with a more streamlined program.  Which means they brought in an outside company to do the insurance evaluations now.

Betty

DS with Daryl Stewart 04/21/10 - SW 306lbs CW 140lbs

Plastic Surgery with Dr. Sauceda 11/06/12 - LBL, Thigh Lift, BL/BA, small Arm lift

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/30/11 1:07 pm
I know some here didn't have a good experience with Leah, but she was really great and helpful in my case. I hope she's doing well, wherever she is now 
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 982 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 445 views