One thing I am looking forward to... new clothes

SuMari
on 1/14/21 11:01 am

I know I am pretty early on being 3 weeks post op, but I am writing down things that I am looking forward to. Obviously I am looking for better health but materialistically, I am excited about cute clothes again and being able to shop off any rack in a store (not designated for plus sized clothing)

Yea, cute clothes and not leggings and sweatshirts. Granted, Covid has put a damper on my "home/day-to-day clothes" but I'm looking ahead to when I can actually leave the house and feel good about what I'm wearing

Cathy H.
on 1/14/21 3:02 pm, edited 1/14/21 7:03 am
VSG on 10/31/16

One of the best things about this surgery was the day I no longer had to shop in specialty stores or the Women's Plus section! Being able to buy clothes in the regular size section is so much fun! And knowing I can walk into any store and things will fit is great.

Years ago, I once went into a regular clothing store to shop for a gift for my sister. It was like I'd walked into a scene from "Pretty Woman." I managed to get a sales girl's attention so I could ask a question.

Me: "Excuse me, Miss? I wonder if you could help me?"
Her: "I'm sorry, Ma'am, we don't carry anything that will fit you."
Me: "Wow, seriously?! I was buying a gift, but with that attitude, I'll take my business elsewhere."
Her: Startled "Oh!" face

Then I sat in my car and cried. Never again!!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

catwoman7
on 1/14/21 7:00 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I had that happen once as well. I was looking for a sweater to buy for my normal-weight mother for Christmas or her birthday or something. Someone asked if they could help me, and I asked where the sweaters were. "Your department is downstairs", was her response. I was livid.

White Dove
on 1/15/21 10:22 am - Warren, OH

I remember answering that by saying your stuff all looks like rags anyway. Is there a store around here that carries high quality?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SuMari
on 1/15/21 11:11 am

Great response!

SuMari
on 1/15/21 11:10 am

Oh my goodness! I would have never returned to that store or talked to a manager about customer service.

TierraMoone
on 1/14/21 7:04 pm

You are on your way to those cute clothes again and it is a great feeling when we are taking charge of our health. I made the choice to do the same for myself many years ago. You have got this! There may be some plateaus and regain along the way but don't lose focus. I have been a little (a lot) off track recently but it's my own fault for not sticking to what was working for me.

MKMGirl
on 1/15/21 5:49 am

I can relate to your post. I can't wait to be post-op and to buy new clothes and simply just take care of myself.

White Dove
on 1/15/21 10:24 am - Warren, OH

I remember looking for a skirt one day and could not find anything I liked in a size smaller than 4. The 4 was way too big on me. It was a lot of fun. I did gain back some of the weight over the years, but I loved the too thin phase the most.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Dee_Caprini
on 1/19/21 12:31 pm

I can totally agree with this! I was so excited to shop at regular stores! Still am. But I think my hangup now is that I want clothes to fit a certain way and my skin gets in the way. Not that I am complaining. I will take skin any day that having the fat that filled it. Find a goal outfit and hang it up for inspiration!

Most Active