Need help

Irishnana
on 8/12/18 6:33 am
RNY on 04/28/15

i didn't reach my goal weight and now have regain. I don't know what to eat or how much to eat right now. I refuse to give up but 3 years post surgery and I find Zi am struggling to lose a pound a week. Any help is appreciated

Laura in Texas
on 8/12/18 6:57 am

After the first year it is hard to lose more than a pound a week. How many calories are you currently eating? I would cut back at least 500/day and go from there. Track every bite (somewhere like myfitnesspal) and cut back on carbs. There really is no magic. We have to be honest with ourselves about how much we are eating and eat less.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Irishnana
on 8/12/18 7:18 am
RNY on 04/28/15

Thanks for the suggestions. I still see my nutritionist about every 2 months, I log my food through an app from the nutritionist. I probably am eating 800-900 hundred calories a day. No therapist but I have no problem seeing one. One thing I struggle with: is it more important to get my protein in and eat even if I'm not hungry or to stop eating when I am full?

judee522
on 8/13/18 9:45 am
VSG on 10/28/15

Look at www.foodcoach.me for a great nutritionist owned site. Her specialty is bariatric....

Irishnana
on 8/14/18 7:08 am
RNY on 04/28/15

I receive her emails all the time. I thought of joining a while ago but we were leaving on vacation for a few weeks and I just never did it. Leaving again on Tuesday for 2 weeks but I will check it out for sure. Thanks

Laura in Texas
on 8/12/18 7:01 am

Did you stop going to the nutritionist and WW that you posted about in January? If that was not enough, have you looked into finding a therapist?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/12/18 7:04 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

I'm 6 years out and gained 60 lbs back. As of July 1st I have been on a mission to get it off. Today makes 6 weeks and I am down 14 lbs. You can do this!! You have to go back to basics. Track everything that goes in your mouth on myfitnesspal. Do a high protein/low carb/low sugar way of eating. Try to drink only water. Exercise at least 30 min a day even if its just walking. If your not in therapy my advice is to get some. I never thought I would see a therapist but it has helped tremendously. It is hard work def not as easy as right after surgery but it can be done. I come on OH everyday and I also post on the menu threads to keep me accountable. I have met many supportive people that make me want to keep going. I only weigh myself once a week on Sundays so I don't stress myself out with the numbers. Good luck and trust me you really can do this!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/18 7:15 am

Hi Irishnana,

sorry to hear you are struggling. You have to go back to basics like the old days.

I also had some regain at about 7.5 years out .... 40 lbs. Lost 25 last year and then fell off track and gained 10 back. Back to 25 to lose to be back to a normal bmi on the charts. I too have been struggling. Not easy but we have to keep at it.

I could not seem to stay on track or low enough calories on my own so I joined Weigh****chers and it is a great program. I had done it years ago and liked it and someone here mentioned and I decided to go. I lost 4.2 my first week,last Thursday. $8 a week with the special and free registration when commit to 3 months. With the new program I can have skinless cooked rotisserie chicken, eggs, boarshead brand deli ovengold turkey, Greek plain non fat yogurt for zero points. All great protein. 100s of zero foods. Including veggies like peas and corn, all fruits. I have been limiting those more but had a corn on cob a couple tones. I dare to say easy and most weight I have ever lost in one week in quite a long time, You also get additional allotment of points for anything that is not zero. I have trouble using them up to be honest. I am eating well and better then I was before joining. For me I was at a point where I needed support and accountability. Meeting is great support for me.

Now I need to kick it up and get moving on my elliptical or simply walk! I use to exercise daily and that is how I stayed on track for so long.... need to establish that good habit again.

Good luck to you. You are certainly not alone.

best

megan

Irishnana
on 8/12/18 7:22 am
RNY on 04/28/15

On WW are you weighing your food or just eating until you are full.

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/18 7:46 am

I am measuring out one cup of the Greek non fat yogurt (zero food) which I then add a level scoop of one of my 3 favorite protein powders to it... for an additional 2 or 3 points depending which I use (I love syntrax mint cookie, syntrax peanut butter cookie or optimum nutrition double rich chocolate).

for dinner last night: I ate 2 scrambled eggs with cutting some Vidalia onion into it also free... I toast 2 slices of Sara Lee light multi grain bread for 2 points.... I put a small amount butter with Trader Joe's everything but the bagel seasoning on toast... in the past I cut out bread I added this diet bread back in when I have eggs... or for a turkey sandwich. after not eating toast or bread for so long it is nice.

When I have deli turkey I do not weigh it I take like 5 slices that is sliced very thin. It satisfies me. I feel restriction.

I never used my fitness pal or the other online food tracking tools. I am loving the WW App that you get when joining. My first time using an online tool. I put in everything I eat things with points and zero points and it automatically calculates my points I have left. After the meeting my weight populated on a graph. Really a great APP. There is a connect button where I have lurked reading people's success. I am excited..., hope I can get to lifetime WW Goal and have this be the key to aiding my journey. We are lucky we have our tool to give us extra help. I know I have restriction when I eat right. Accountability is good too.

Most Active