What Multivitamin should I get

Jennifer S.
on 4/12/11 3:52 pm - CA
 I am having surgery on 4/28 and want to buy my supplies now but have no idea what is best. Any ideas???
 Jennifer    
karoola
on 4/12/11 4:28 pm
VSG on 10/01/10 with
I use regular adult vitamins from costco.  I could swallow them easily.
You might want to wait to buy too much.  Some people have trouble with vitamins in their tummy and prefer the chewables..  I personally hate the chewables and just split mine up to morning/evening.

Liquid Diet       : 330 Day of Surgery : 302 - my scale Goal                   : 160
Mishie1108
on 4/12/11 5:50 pm - FL
VSG on 04/19/11 with
 My NUT suggested Bariatric Advantage for multivitamin, B12 sublingual and calcium citrate.  They are a bit pricey but high quality with minimal additives.  I need to go that route because something in regular multivitamins always makes me breakout with cold sores/fever blisters around my mouth.  Been taking the BA chewables for a week now with no problem.  Good luck!

HW: 387      Pre-op Diet: 368         SW: 348.7          Goal: 175          I am 5 ft. 5 in.

USAF Wife
on 4/12/11 10:56 pm
You need to purchase and take a high quality adult complete vitamin. You should take one that gives you 100% of the daily recommended value of all the essential vitamins plus iron. Plus, one you can tolerate.

I personally choose to take Celebrate Mulit Complete and their Calcium Citrate Plus 500. They are chewable, and it's not because I can't swallow pills that I stick with chewables. It's just because I like the way they taste, and they meet my guidelines.

I really love this blog.

http://wlsvitagarten.com/2010/12/06/b12-and-folate-deficiencies-in-vsg/

You can contact Bariatric Advantage and Celebrate Vitamins and receive free samples to try out their products. Just let them know you've/'re had VSG, and they'll send you samples.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

George B.
on 4/13/11 2:42 am - Miami, FL
I buy adult chewable multivitamins and B-12 sublinguals at Costco.
They're great and all my labs have been excellent with no vitamin, nutrient or iron deficiencies.

Good luck,
George

misslexy85
on 4/13/11 5:49 am
I use Nature's Plus Chewable Multi from Vitamin Shoppe. Good taste and provides good percentage of vitamins needed daily. Good luck

Thanks
Andrea

Sleeve Date: Aug 2010
Start: 309
Current: 235
Goal: 200
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views