X-Post: I just registered WLSWiki.com

Larissa P.
on 8/30/08 1:36 pm - Denton, TX
I did it.

I've been saying for months I wanted a decent website to go to for WLS information.

Yes, I ADORE OH - for community and support, there is no equal. But other than threads and forums, information is spotty at best. And there is no real significant search feature.

Why a wiki? Because I've seen other sites try  - run by individuals that don't always have the time to keep the site up to date. Information changes, studies are released, and unless you have help - and lots of it - it would be MORE than a full time job to keep the site up to date and revelant.

There is also the issue of completeness. With WLS, there are so many questions - types of surgery, side effects, insurance coverage, revisions, medical research, diet, vitamin supplementation...oh I could go on. We have to currently do our best asking for help and using google - wouldn't it be nice to find it all in the wiki, WITH notations and links at the bottom for citations and further research?

This site will have no forums, no chat, no personal stories (with an exception of biographies of significant people in the WLS field) - other sites do that very well already.

This site is meant to be an information clearing house. And I need YOUR help!

If you have web programming knowledge and experience - I need admins to help install and run the site.

If you have web graphic skills - I need help with customizing the site and a memorable wiki type logo.

If you are a professional in the WLS and related fields - I need your expertize in contributing to the major topic areas.

If you have information and citations gathered and at your finger tips - I need with writing those articles!

Really, just about anyone out there - and that means you - knows something about something, and can help build this site!

So - if you are interested in helping, PM me your email and I will get you in on the game. No one will be turned away, trust me when I say all can be helpful.

Once I have emails I will organize and chat with everyone and start a bit of education on how a wiki works and how each person can help.

I will also announce when the site goes live.

Ok...off to work. (what did I just get myself into? )
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Larissa P.
on 8/30/08 11:41 pm - Denton, TX
Guys if I haven't replied to your message, fear not, OH won't let me right now (or send it to my email, OH is being a pain - larissah at that gmail place.)
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views