Looking for a recommendation RNY Lap close to Texas

Larissa P.
on 1/29/08 3:57 am - Denton, TX
I suppose if you travel, what does it matter the distance, but really, Mexico is a BIG country... I now know for a fact I have to go self-pay. So, I am looking for recommendations and I'm going to do my homework. I have to minimize possible complications while getting the cheapest price reasonable....
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/08 12:02 pm - FL

This forum does not get much traffic.  I suggest that you read about 2 pages of posts and you will see where people have posted about there doctor and experience.  Also if you click on the doctors name under the avatar, it will take you to the doctors site and you can see the doctor's patients that are OH members.

The entire staff at www.obesitygoodbye.com is very friendly and caring. You feel this from the minute you walk in the door. A majority of the staff speaks english and there is not a language barrier. Dr. Verboonen himself is very well spoken and knowledgeable of his profession. Aftercare is well documented as Dr. Rios, Dr. Fryare or Betty will call and check on you. All practice good bedside manner. Julio, the driver, was very accommodating and helpful. I strongly recommend this surgeon.  For a round trip ticket to San Diego, it is about $300 where they pick you up and take you to Tijuana .  The hotel is usually included in the price.  One day and overnight in the clinic (as they call it, it is more like a private hospital) then 2 days in a very, very nice 4 star hotel.  You can have someone go with you and stay in the same room. There are 2 beds. 
One of the people on my friends list went to the same doctor but was not as satisfied with her experience.  If you go to the “south of the border” forum, click on a Dr.’s name it will bring you to the Dr.’s site.  There you will find the OH members that used him and you can send messages to them and also read how their experiences were.

I took chicken broth, single-serving jello, apple juice, bottled water, and tea with so I did not have to buy anything.

bonnied
on 2/11/08 10:50 am - St. Albans, VT
This board does not get nearly the traffic it used to! LOL! I chose Dr. Rumbaut and highly recommend him.  I am a nurse and my very first job was the surgical floor and some of my patients were bariatric patients. I was very impressed with his entire program and the cleanliness and skill at the hospital. Blessings! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/154
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views