CosMed Surgery Fuentes

Just Me
on 10/17/07 7:39 pm - Happy Place, TN
Hello, Interested in reading any comments about the Cos-Med facility.  Specifically interested in hearing the bad things.  This is how I did research for my RNY.  I wanted to know every negative thing there was about my doctor.  This way I could anticipate would might happen and be prepared.  Not seeking dirt... simply becoming aware.  By knowing all the negative things I was better able to make a judgment about receiving RNY in Mexico. It was the right decision for me. The specific "complaints" weren't complaints for me... "noise, language barrier, level of care, professionalism, transportation, etc." Best wishes to al who are receiving PS soon and happy recovery to those who are recovering.
Zena L.
on 10/19/07 9:13 am
Hey! you might check out Eggface's blog in the upcoming few days. I hear she had ps there this week and will be sharing her experiences in her blog. Did Dr. Aguirre refer you to Cosmed?
janiceh
on 10/25/07 6:34 am - prescott valley, AZ
I haven't heard anything negative about Dr. Fuentes and Cosmed.  I am scheduled for lower body lift with him on November 27th.  Dr. Aguirre did my RNY in April 2004.  I would love to get more feedback on Dr. Fuentes also.  Some of the people that had surgery around the time I did met Dr. Fuentes at the reunion in Las Vegas about 6 months after I had my surgery.  All I heard about were pleased with the results.
Just Me
on 10/28/07 11:50 pm - Happy Place, TN
So you're the one taking up one my requested dates for surgery at Cosmed .... "she says with a smile." Nice to meet you... Write me back...  I'm trying to squeeze in for surgery the same week you are there...  perhaps we could chat.. Who are you bringing with you and where are you staying? 
janiceh
on 10/29/07 6:40 am - prescott valley, AZ
I am taking at least 1 and there may be 2 friends going with me.  One of them is a nurse so it will be nice if she is able to go.  If not, I will be fine.  We are staying at the Hotel Lucerna.  They have special clinic rates of $80 a night.  It is only 2 blocks from the clinic and has a restaurant so my friends won't have to be out searching for a place to eat.  I don't think I'll be all that hungry.  i have a pre-op appt on Monday 26th at 4:30, then my surgery is at 7:30 the next morning.  I hope to leave on Saturday--sooner than Dr. Fuentes would like but if I'm doing well I'd rather go home.  We will be driving as it is only about an 8 hour drive from where I live.  I hope you are able to schedule for that week.  I'd love to chat if we can.  Janice
Just Me
on 11/2/07 6:36 am - Happy Place, TN
Hi. Sent you an email I hope to see you there.
janiceh
on 11/2/07 11:11 am - prescott valley, AZ
I have been taking the vitamin C and B-12 but not the others.  I've been reading that Arnica is helpful with healing but it is on the list of things not to take before surgery that Dr. Fuentes sent me.  Maybe i'll e-mail him about that one.  i'll check out the site about the B-5.  Let me know if you get a date that week.
Just Me
on 11/2/07 6:55 am, edited 11/2/07 6:56 am - Happy Place, TN
Vitamins and Stuff I am taking PRIOR to surgery. Bromelain L-Carnosine Quercetin Arnica montana - internally (careful, this one is tricky) Zinc Vitamin C If you are interested ... Published data shows that B5 speeds wound healing and increases protein synthesis, ....this was an amazing performance on the part of individual cells. This phenomenon was captured on film, and it was published in the International Journal of Vitamin and Nutrition Research. You can read the link  http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag99/sep99-cover2.html  Also, I'm staying away from feverfew garlic ginger gingkgo and even Vitamin E Staying away from them TEMPORARILY because they can "thin" the blood or make it slick... and have anti-clotting properties.   We certainly don't want an operating room with blood not coagulating!!!   Also staying away from Ginseng after the surgery for a while.  While I don't take the following, I hear to stay away from theses things too...  Kava KAva and St. John's Wort.
SusaDia
on 9/10/08 12:41 am
Hi,

Im considering having my surgery done in Mexico and I just had a thought to cross my mind.  I live in South Carolina so the question is:  Will I have to make two trips to Mexico?   One for the evaluation or (pre-op) or do they handle that differently for those who live so far away.  I certainly couldn't afford to fly there twice in a short amount of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TY
Suuz
maitri
on 9/26/08 8:01 am
On September 10, 2008 at 7:41 AM Pacific Time, SusaDia wrote:
Hi,

Im considering having my surgery done in Mexico and I just had a thought to cross my mind.  I live in South Carolina so the question is:  Will I have to make two trips to Mexico?   One for the evaluation or (pre-op) or do they handle that differently for those who live so far away.  I certainly couldn't afford to fly there twice in a short amount of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TY
Suuz
Hi Suuz: 
My name is Alessa and I had surgery in Feb of this month with Dr. Liza Maria Pompa, she was great I had a sleeve and I all ready lost 110 pounds :) you can find more info about her at the american College of surgeons or at LIMARP.com, they do your preop evaluation before the surgery and before you even fly they ask you for your personal medical record and that's it!!! all you need is to call  or be in contact with them by mail, oohhhh and they have great prices for this month, just give them a Call and you'll see, if you have any question feel free to ask at my mail [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views