I've heard Mexico is cheaper for self-pays but...

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/07 7:40 am - TX
I am being banded next week in Monterrey.  My flight as well as a friends flight, all pre-op labs, x-rays, tests, consulatations, hospital stay, and hotel will all be under $9800.  The RNY was only about $1500.00 more.  Now granted I live in Texas so flights are probably a *****eaper, but it is so much better then the $13,000 - $18,000 I was quoted in Texas.  Good Luck with your search! PS - Be aware of the all inclusive, a Houston Doctor told me that then told me any Over-night stay would be on me, all labs and tests pre-op would be at my cost.  Just be sure "all-inclusive" is truly "all" inclusive.
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/24/07 4:02 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
This is what I liked about Dr .Joya... it was all inclusive.. didn't have to worry about a thing :)
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

SkylarRose
on 9/26/07 3:28 am - Heart of Texas, TX
how did you pay? did you take money with you or travelers or credit card.  How do you feel now. I seen that you had it done in JUly this year.

"If you don't know where you are going, 
              you will probably end up somewhere else."

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/26/07 4:29 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
You can pay via credit card, wire transfer or money orders... I decided to take down money orders and pay that way :) I'm fantastic! I've been feeling 'normal' since about the 4th or 5th day after surgery. I haven't had any problems eating what-so-ever and I rarely feel under the weather.
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/26/07 4:31 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Call or e-mail Gerald if you want more information... the info is on his website http://drjoya.com If you are considering going SOTB then I STRONGLY recommend Joya. Plus.. I could come and visit you in the hospital! :P

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views