I've heard Mexico is cheaper for self-pays but...

Larissa P.
on 9/21/07 6:35 am - Denton, TX
My local doctor quoted me $18,000 all inclusive and that seems to be about what the doctors I've inquired about in Monterey are charging. Am I missing something?
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Janlunchbucket
on 9/21/07 2:17 pm, edited 9/21/07 2:17 pm - Mt. Juliet, TN
Lap Band on 08/30/07 with
Google Dr. Joya His is $8,000 all inclusive. My sister-in-law and myself had my surgery with him Sept 20th 2007. Great deal and same care/treatment you would receive if you have it here.  Actually better care than some places here. There are places here that perform Lapband on an outpatient basis, at least in Mexico with Dr. Joya you spend the night at the hospital and they follow up with you after you go to the hotel.  However, most packages in the US include followup and fills for the first year. If you have it in Mexico you have to tack on the cost for US followup and Fills.  I'm going to Fill Center USA in Atlanta. It is 5 hours from where I live (one way) but worth the drive to me.  I could get a fill in Nashville but it was going to cost me almost 3 times as much. There are many post on this web site for people who have used various docs in Mexico and did very well. Good luck!!!
Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/21/07 3:00 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Lap band is $8000 with Dr Joya.. but the sleeve is $11000 and the RNY is $12500 Dr Joya is fantastic and so is his team... the doctor who takes care of the patients afterwards is my bf so if you want to talk to anybody while you're down there about the surgery.. or just to keep you company, I can always stop by :)
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/21/07 3:03 pm - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Ah yes, and of course the airfare, transportation, resort, surgery, tests and all other fees are covered under that price. I don't know about lap band, but with the sleeve and RNY you spend 4 nights in hospital and 4 nights in the nH Krystal resort. you also have private nurses and a private room with remote A/C and a personal TV
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

Larissa P.
on 9/22/07 1:43 am, edited 9/22/07 1:44 am - Denton, TX
$18,000 was for RNY. Where is Dr Joya? (*edit - NVM, I'm an idiot (just click on his name/link, Larissa!)

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 9/22/07 8:56 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
Heh no worries. E-mail Gerald at [email protected] for more info :)

Zena L.
on 9/23/07 8:37 am

Hi Larissa, I had my RNY done with Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada Mexico. He does open and laparascopic. I also live in Denton if you have any questions let me know! Amanda

Laura N.
on 9/23/07 4:26 pm
Hi There, I used Dr Salvador Valencis in Ensenada. I paid for my air fare, but the laproscopic RNY was $12,500. I just loved him & I am very happy with my results. Good Luck to you. Laura

Larissa P.
on 9/23/07 11:25 pm - Denton, TX
How did you guys get financing?

Zena L.
on 9/24/07 12:11 am
I didn't finance. My surgery was 10,100 for open RNY. It was a good deal with a wonderful doctor so I took it. It was an all inclusive price except for air fare. I had wonderful care and I love Dr. Aguirre. I have had no problems to speak of either. Some surgeons go through financing companies but I don't know much about that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views