X-Post: I had my DS four years TODAY!

Nicolle
on 2/22/12 11:28 pm
I am glad I was able to help you! I definitely loved reading people's stories and drew strength from their experiences. Congrats on your success!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

larra
on 2/22/12 9:51 am - bay area, CA
Congratulations, Nicolle!

Did you know that we are switch sisters? I had my DS 6 years ago today. I'm not on OH so much anymore for the same reasons, but I still check over here to help new people, and sometimes to answer specific questions when I can be helpful.
     I feel so very fortunate that I learned about the DS. There is no way I would have had the same success and quality of life with any other wls. I can never repay the wonderful people, both on line and irl, who helped me along the way, so I just try to pay it forward as best I can.

Larra
Nicolle
on 2/22/12 11:24 pm
Oh, Larra! You know how I feel about you--you are amazing, smart and so generous! Now to find out that we are Switch Sisters is too much! The next time I am out in your direction, I would love to meet up for a meal.

Congrats on 6 great years! Thank you for paying it forward.

Nicolle

larra
on 2/22/12 11:59 pm - bay area, CA
I'd like that too! Anytime you are headed west, let me know and we'll get together.

Larra
Lisey
on 2/23/12 10:59 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI
I was reading Nicolle's replies & found that it's also your surgiversary - CONGRATULATIONS! - for all the same reasons I gave Nicolle (pg 2).  Thank you for all of your help, both with the WLS, but then with the bowel obstruction symptoms in 2010 & the tests when I was trying to figure out that I had cancer - THANK YOU!

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

larra
on 2/23/12 11:34 pm - bay area, CA
Lisey! So good to see you here. I miss you and think of you often, and wonder how you are and hope you are ok.
      You are more than welcome for any help I was able to provide. Now just don't be a stranger.

Larra
Dawnyel B.
on 2/22/12 11:38 am - Whittier, CA
Congrats! I have a Sleeve, but wanted to say congrats!! I'm almost 5 years out and I'm trying to get the last bit of baby weight off for good.!

Nicolle
on 2/22/12 11:27 pm, edited 2/23/12 12:23 am
Thanks!

Babies are tough on the body, that's for sure!

I am not cut out for sleeve life. I remember on the day before surgery, asking Dr. Rabkin hopefully if he thought I could just have the VSG (panic had started to set in on the malabsorption, I guess!) and he shook his head at me and said a firm "no." He thought I needed the malabsorption part and he was right. Hats off to you for working your sleeve!

Nicolle

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/12 1:50 am
Total DS rock star!  Since I've had the pleasure of hanging out with you in person, I can say beautiful outside and in.

Happy anniversary Nicolle!

Sharon
Valerie G.
on 2/23/12 1:55 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Hi Nicolle!
Happy Surgiversary and well done!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes