Why is a Sleeve to DS revision considered complicated?

gak
on 1/21/12 12:59 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
By going with a vetted DS doc  he can check out your VSG and see if it was really done properly. I was a revision and it was discovered at the revision that my original surgery was done improper. Dr Maguire tweaked me and I am doing just fine these days.  Experience counts, wait for it as it's worth it.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

stormechaser
on 1/24/12 10:14 am, edited 1/24/12 10:14 am
DS on 06/08/17

I have to admit, I am scared to find out what is going on inside. I put so much trust into Dr. Alvarez-and defended him to my family and friends. I don't know if I failed the surgery or it failed me. So many unanswered questions...

I am going to the nutritionist again this week. I wanted to do their pre-op diet, but I needed pre-diet bloodwork and physical, so I had to wait for an appt. with my primary doctor before I could go on it. So, that  is tomorrow and the nut is on Thursday.

Its a protein sparing modified fast and its a b*tch. But, it does help you take off weight fast and get rid of the carb cycle.

On a side note, since this regain, I have noticed some pain in my thighs where my pannus rests. Its quite uncomfortable especially since I have a sit down job. I don't recal this ever being a problem before. It just feels like it is always something, ya know?

Thanks again. :)

VSG TO DS Revision on June 8, 2017.

Surgeon: Dr. Philip Schauer at Cleveland Clinic
Current Weight: 280 lbs

Regained to: 312lbs
Lowest after VSG: 249lbs
Highest Weight ever: 330lbs

Huneypie
on 1/24/12 11:45 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
I've been looking into getting part 2 of the DS and have a consulted with a few vetted DS surgeons and they've said part 2 can be made more difficult/take slightly longer than otherwise due adhesions from the primary surgery, but that it's not a major biggie... re-sleeving is another issue and I don't want to go that route.

Are you sure you need a re-sleeve?  You'd need to get a barium swallow done and looked at by a vetted surgeon to have an idea of what's going on.
stormechaser
on 1/25/12 12:22 am
DS on 06/08/17

I don't know if I need a re-sleeve. I feel like I have no restriction, but I don't know what is going on physically.

I will be making an appointment soon for the bariatric center at the Cleveland clinic. If nothing else, I hope they can give me sone insight (pun intended!).

Thanks!

VSG TO DS Revision on June 8, 2017.

Surgeon: Dr. Philip Schauer at Cleveland Clinic
Current Weight: 280 lbs

Regained to: 312lbs
Lowest after VSG: 249lbs
Highest Weight ever: 330lbs