I need strength.....

Kathy S.
on 12/29/16 11:06 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

That is GREAT!  My best suggest to hit goal and stay there is work on the head issues.  They are the kiss of death if we don't deal with them and learned to work around them.  We are here for you!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ShaShen
on 12/29/16 11:37 am, edited 12/29/16 3:38 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you Daniel and everyone who has replied to this post.  I am schedule for Sleeve Surgery on January 12 and I had a few "last meals" over the last month.  Now I am sticking to my pre-op diet which is liquids and 1 lean green meal per day.  My Doctor did not tell me he would not operate if I gained but I was feeling so guilty and beating myself up over those few meals.  

It is good to know I am not alone!

Eggface
on 12/30/16 9:39 am - Sunny Southern, CA

There aren't a lot of foods that within a year (usually less) that you couldn't have... but that being said I think when your health has improved and the scale # are dropping you will find some of those foods that call to you now won't hold as much importance in your life.

Also food scientists spend years making foods more appealing and enticing... it's amazing when you have a forced break/detox from some of them.

For us RNYers you are saying goodbye to quantity and maybe some of the more sugary/greasy treats... focus on what you are saying hello to... better health, elimination of illness, longer lifespan, make a list of all the things that perhaps health/weight has kept you from enjoying and when the food calls read it.

P.S. There is delicious food post-op too (see my blog link below for 10 years worth of post-op eating/recipes)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Leslie2016
on 12/31/16 10:18 am

I so understand this Daniel but something I could not have foreseen was that after my RNY food isn't an obsession to me anymore. It's a really strange thing, I can't explain it but it just isn't. Just tough it out (I know...easier said than done) til your surgery date and then it's so much easier. This is without question the best thing I have ever done for my health. Pre op...high blood pressure, high cholesterol, pre diabetes, asthma, joint pain....now...all gone. Strength to you Daniel.

Daniel B.
on 12/31/16 10:51 am - Mansfield, OH
RNY on 01/20/17

Thanks Leslie

Happy New Year

Most Active