Health Insurance - Pre-existing Condition

Laura in Texas
on 11/12/16 4:21 pm
  • 2004 55% of white women voted for Bush
  • 2008 58% of white women voted for McCain
  • 2012 56% of white women voted for Romney

So 53% is pretty on-par for a presidential election.

The republican candidate got roughly the same number of voted the past 3 elections (59 million, 60 million, 59 million). Democrats did not come out to vote for HRC.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/13/16 9:18 am
It seems weird that HRC's campaign wants to blame everyone but themselves. When you run a very dishonest election....rip off bernie sanders (who I did not particularly support)...ignore the desire/wants of most of America (except California and NY)....and is it really a surprise that you don't get elected?

I am not a 100 percent sold on Trump, but I think it's worth keeping an open mind and see what he does. I think all the protests are premature
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/16 8:23 am

That hurts! 

hollykim
on 11/12/16 9:42 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On November 12, 2016 at 4:36 AM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

Just for anyone who does not know, if the laws are changed and insurance can once again be denied due to pre-existing conditions, most of us have one.

Four years ago I needed to purchase health insurance.  I was denied because of my pre-existing condition which is weight loss surgery.  The policy I finally found was $1,300 a month for a single 64 year old woman.

If I had not have had surgery, it would have been about $700.00 per month buying on my own.

morbid obesity is also a pre existing condition. I was turned down on every policy I applied for pre wls.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/12/16 11:33 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Looks like pre ops & post ops are screwed in the new Trumphatorship.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/16 12:03 pm - CA

If the news reports are accurate, Trump stated he would not change the pre existing clause in any new health care initiatives, he likes it.  He also stated he would not revert to the age of limitation on children once they hit 18 or start working to no longer be eligible on their parents policies.  

Time will tell, but at least these two important issues are being addressed even before he takes office.   I'll be watching closely that is for sure.  

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/12/16 12:47 pm
I think there is a general realization that the republicans cannot reverse the ACA. Hopefully they can fix it, so the premiums are not so high, and more doctors will accept it.
White Dove
on 11/13/16 9:35 am - Warren, OH

They are simply naïve about what happens with insurance.  If you keep allowing those with pre-existing conditions to purchase insurance without being denied or charging exorbitant premiums, you have Obamacare.  It will not be possible to replace with a new plan unless you stop allowing pre-existing conditions.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/13/16 11:41 am
I'm pretty conservative, but I like Michael Moore.

He called it twice:

1) He said that Obama care would be a failure if they did not have a single payer system (correct-obama care premiums are going up double digits....and many doctors are refusing to accept it).

2) He said that Trump would win the election. He had his reasons, but basically-the democrates weren't mobilizing their party.

I wasn't a Trump or Hillary fancy per se, but I was willing to watch what they did before starting to protest.....I'm really hopeful that ACA can be fixed in some way shape or form (we are self-insured).
(deactivated member)
on 11/13/16 8:27 am, edited 11/13/16 12:27 am

If you look up the biggest industry /employer in each of the fifty states health care is number one in about 2/3 of them. This is why the cost of medical care hasn't dropped to comparable levels for the rest of the civilized world who pay 1/10th to 1/30th of what Americans have to for the same services and prescription drugs . 

Its sad but too many states'workers salaries depend on medical costs staying exorbitant here . 

It seems impossible for those many states elected representatives to vote to reduce medical costs .