Some random lady questions

suecampbell
on 8/4/16 11:25 am
VSG on 07/01/16

I got my period ONE WEEK after my surgery...which was two weeks early!  Bizarre...I blame it on hormone dumping.  My next one was normal.  I DID fart a lot my first coyple of weeks, but as another poster said, nurses don't care.  Just excuse yourself and carry on!  I showered two days after my surgery...my incisions had big waterproof bandages on them, and I just put the drain bulb on the shower stool to support it.  And finally...I did have a few days where I felt like a total *****  I explained to my husband and son (16 years old) about hormone dumping and asked them to be patient with me, but that I would do my best to control myself.  I hope this all helps, and I wish you all the best!

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/16 12:48 pm

Thank you, that is helpful info.  A few days being a total ***** sounds doable. 

Murk
on 8/4/16 4:20 pm
VSG on 07/11/16

I had an ablation so I can't answer the period question but as far as the rest goes, I am almost 4 weeks post-op so they are fresh in my mind.

No passing gas at all. Some gurgling in my belly, I took gas X strips at first so those might have helped.

Showered 2 days after surgery.

No "hormone dumping" whatsoever so far. I did have a bit of buyer's remorse here and there at first as I got acclimated to the new way of eating, that was the closest I've gotten to being a bit emotional.

Most Active
Recent Topics