About to start pre- op diet

GerryF2003
on 7/25/16 8:00 am
RNY on 12/11/17

Thank you. I definitely must remember that this isn't one of those million crack-pot diets I've tried on the past, there's a specific medical reason for it. Maybe thinking about it as part of the surgery and not the last step BEFORE surgery will help me to stay on track and not obsess over solid foods.

hollykim
on 7/25/16 1:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 25, 2016 at 12:03 PM Pacific Time, GerryF2003 wrote:

I'm about to start the pre-op diet on Thursday, and I'm so scared!! I'm so worried that I won't be able to stick to a (mostly) liquid diet pre-op. Did anyone else go through this? How did you handle it?

the first 3-4 days are the worst then you will be mostly detoxes from carbs and it will get easier, if you don't cheat. Cheating will get you back to square one.

Culinarian
on 7/25/16 4:54 pm

Hi! I am with you, I start my pre-op diet tomorrow, surgery on August 2nd.  I spent the day stocking up on broths/stocks (lots of different varieties now depending on where you shop), sugar free jello/popsicles, protein shakes.  My doctor is allowing the addition of sugar-free, fat-free instant pudding mix to the protein shakes. From experience, this really helps in flavor and bulk, plus ice. In a way, it's similar to a milk shake.

Tonight I am putting together a journal of reasons I am doing this, goals (even little ones, such as, painting my toenails ), measurements, etc.  When I start to feel like I want to stray, I will go to my journal and read it. Plus, do some more journaling.

We will do this!!! Soon, we will both be on the losers bench!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics