Almost 70 lbs gone!

Wyldblu
on 7/10/16 11:04 am

Haven't posted for quite awhile. Been SO busy with work, and then my husband and I moved. However, I had posted awhile back about beating my sugar addiction. I got a few comments about how that may come back and to be aware that it may seem to be gone, but may not be. Here's my update to that.

Since having my surgery 10/29/15, I've lost 69.2 lbs. I am not as good as I want to be in regards to drinking water, or eating as much protein as I should. However, my sugar addiction is very much under control. I do not deprive myself completely, however I don't crave it anymore either. I love a 90 calorie hot chocolate mix in my morning coffee. I like an occasional orange sherbet cup (this is about a tablespoon of orange sherbet in a coffee cup). When we moved into our new house, our real estate agent gave us a cookie jar filled with mini chocolate bites. I have had about 3 in 3 months. My husband has almost finished it off. lol 

At work, I am constantly offered birthday cake (I work in a large office with a lot of people), which is something that I could NEVER turn down in the past, candies are regularly handed out to everyone (many times you go away from your desk to return to sweets on your desk), and various other sugary things. At most meetings, we have many dessert items for one to choose from. Not only has it gotten very easy for me to turn down all these things, and give away all the candies left at my desk, but I haven't craved it in a long time. 

Occasionally, I will eat lunch or dinner, and that habit of, now I need something sweet, enters my mind. I ignore it. It goes away rather quickly.

All this to say, you CAN beat the addictions you may have to sugar, food, whatever, if you make that a habit. In the beginning, after my surgery, I didn't feel the urges for sugar anymore. I KNEW this was the result of 4 weeks of a liquid diet, and the shock your body goes through after a major surgery. I also knew that if I didn't continue to deny the habit of sweet things after meals, or in the afternoon (the times I craved it the most), that my sugar addiction would come right back. 

This surgery was a second chance for me. I had lap band. I lost my sugar cravings after that surgery too. However, I didn't make that a habit. When I thought about it, I gave into it. It wasn't long before I was craving it, even more than ever. I had to have my lap band removed because it slipped and twisted. This sleeve was my second chance to do it right. And I am taking full advantage of it. 

If you've read this far, thank you!

Wyldblu

Dcadaval
on 7/11/16 10:48 am
VSG on 06/20/16

I'm so glad to hear your story, thanks.  Keep up the great work.  

Age: 43. 6' 1" HW 413 lbs. VSG on 06/20/16 at Jackson South w/ Dr. Jacobsd

Dcadaval
on 7/11/16 10:50 am
VSG on 06/20/16
Most Active
Recent Topics