29 days until the big day

prettisleeve
on 7/12/16 6:06 pm

That's excellent!! I'm searching for a good protein shake now...me and a good friend of mine were having a discussion today about protein and eating right. She suggested the same thing. Replacing a protein shake with dinner or breakfast. I think that's so good. Thanks for all the info 

Secrets224
on 7/13/16 10:25 am
VSG on 09/27/16

No problem! I don't know where you are in the world, but if you have Walmart, i suggest you try the "Premier Protein" shakes. They are white and red. They run about $7.50 for 4 of them, but they have the highest protein content at 30 grams per shake, 160 calories and only 1 gram of sugar. Works for me and has kept me pretty full. And they taste excellent. I'd suggest the chocolate, strawberry and banana shakes. They do have vanilla and caramel too, but they aren't my favorite. I have found that either breakfast or for snack are the easiest meal replacements. Dinner is kind of hard for me to replace with one because I want to "eat"/chew something, but i find they are the best ones out there. (As I crunch on my carrot sticks and hummus right now. :) )  I'm really trying to just limit my food intake as a whole since its going to be so limited in a few weeks. I'm down to less than 3 weeks now, so this is a good "weaning program, i'd like to say.    

prettisleeve
on 7/13/16 10:56 am

That is great news! I am still waiting on a surgery date. The coordinator was on vacation and just returned today so hopefully she faxed everything to the insurance company or is planning on doing it today. As far as the protein shakes...I Hear a lot about the premier protein shakes and I actually found some at Walmart but did not purchase them. I am torn between Gladiator powder and premier protein. A good friend of mine suggested the gladiator powder so i was going to get a tube of that. I do not think it has as much protein as premier protein but i was going to try that as well. I am proud of myself today...I have not eaten as much as I usual eat today and I have not eaten any fast food this week. I need to try some hummus! My coworkers wat it all the time but I have yet to taste it

Pretty Girls Rock!!

Secrets224
on 7/14/16 8:28 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Aww awesome! You will feel so much better once they give you that date. It gives you a new found motivation to eat well and try to exercise as much as you can. I have finished everything for my pre-op up until this week. Now BOOM... the insurance denied my pulmonologist's request for a sleep apnea study. I am a little over 2 weeks out from surgery, they paid for EVERYTHING ELSE and that is the last piece of the puzzle and they just denied it. So my lung doctor's office is attempting to get me a home kit for a home sleep study that would do on my own and have to send it back to them so they can get the results. I am DETERMINED NOT TO HAVE MY SURGERY DATE MOVED BACK. I don't care what I have to do. So they better get on it ASAP!!!

And as for the hummus. I think of it as a dip. They have so many flavors now, garlic, spinach, roasted red pepper, chipotle, etc etc etc. So just find one you like, and believe me, 2 tablespoons of that stuff is filling. It's very thick and creamy. I think it makes me think im eating something bad, but i'm not.  :) Actually, I even eat the plain original hummus and i like that just fine. Give it a try! Can't hurt!!!  

prettisleeve
on 7/14/16 9:25 am

Girl why does that happen?! As soon as we are ALMOST on our way with everything, something has to jump in the mix to create a little confusion. I hope they don't push your surgery date back either. No worries Hunny! Everything will work out...it better! Lol I want to try some hummus! I'm going grocery shopping this weekend so I'm going to grab some and try it out

Secrets224
on 7/15/16 7:57 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

It's always something,  girl! But unfortunately for them,  they didn't know they were dealing with a pit bull here. Lol.   I've been calling everyone all week. From the doctor to the sleep center to the insurance company. They approved an at-home sleep study today. I have to pick up the machine Monday night. Hahaha WIN!  And I know anything can happen,  but I'm determined to go through with this on the 2nd. Im down to 18 days now. I have my pre-op appointment Thursday and I'm starting my pre-op diet Monday (thank God it is low carb-high protein and NOT just liquid). 

oh good! Lemme know how you like the hummus! 

prettisleeve
on 7/13/16 11:31 am

So I just did a little research and the gladiator powder has 45 grams of protein in 2 scoops!!! I am extremely impresses...and guess what else....VERY LITTLE CARBS! i think i found my protein powder for now. So I  am going to purchase a tub this week and let you know how they taste.

Secrets224
on 7/14/16 8:14 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Great! I've never heard of that one. All i know is they told me to watch the carbs, sugar and salt. Let me know how it tastes!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics