29 days until the big day

Secrets224
on 7/4/16 12:41 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

29 days until surgery. I am nervous and excited. I have lost 20lbs since my surgical consult. That came up so fast! I know I am making the right decision, but gotta be honest, I am scared. Thinking about all the "what-ifs" and "god-forbids". Weird, I never thought about that when I was having my kids by csections. Those were also major surgeries. I guess it's just scary entering the unknown and praying for the best outcome. 

jesuiscrystal
on 7/4/16 2:37 pm - Urbana, IL
VSG on 07/12/16

I've had three c-sections, and just the other day I was explaining to my husband that birth is kind of inevitable, so I didn't have a choice. This surgery is optional, and my nerves seem to know that. I don't have major issues now, save for slightly high blood pressure, but I know the path I'm headed down is a mine field without a major change. 

Best of luck to you. It's undoubtedly the right choice.

katie282016
on 7/4/16 3:01 pm
VSG on 06/15/16

It is the the right choice for sure im almost 3 weeks out and no pain in my knees or back and i can slowly walk walmart and before there was no walking walmart cause of pain and i couldnt move around cause of the pain and so far no pain at least not any thing like it was good luck 

Secrets224
on 7/4/16 7:34 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

I am so happy for you. It must feel like a miracle! Congratulations and stay strong! I'll be joining you soon on the losers bench

Secrets224
on 7/4/16 7:33 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

I agree 100%! I guess everyone goes through the nerves. I'm kind of glad they'll knock me out and I don't need to know about it.  Unlike the c-section,  being awake the whole time and panicking plus worrying...  Maybe it won't be so bad. Thank you so much and good luck on your journey as well!!! 

WatchKittyShrink
on 7/6/16 6:02 am
VSG on 06/15/16

Praying all goes well for you!

Secrets224
on 7/12/16 8:23 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Thank you!!! :) I know it's the right and best decision, I'm just nervous! 

Albatross
on 7/6/16 11:52 am

I feel the same way. I am now 20 days out today. The nerves and excitement have sent me reaching for my anxiety meds. lol. I feel like it has been such a challenge getting to this point. I was denied at one point for my surgery (They didn't except my weight loss program that I had been doing off and on for 5 years. They had five years of notes. I met with a nutritionist every week and it was overseen by a physician, yet it wasn't enough. Then I had to go to the nutritionist at the hospital I will have the surgery for 3 months, didn't talk about a current diet, just talked about the pre-op diet and the post-op. yet they approved that. It's crazy.) Anyway, I digress. I feel the same I have had other emergency surgeries that I felt much less anxiety over. (I can't identify with the C-section being a male. lol) I think it is the waiting as well. The fact that you have made a choice to have the surgery and then have to wait for some time for it to happen. Every scenario goes through your head.  Best of luck!

prettisleeve
on 7/11/16 5:39 pm

How did you lose weight? I have gained almost 14 lbs since my initial consult.

Pretty Girls Rock!!

Secrets224
on 7/12/16 8:31 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Hey! Honestly, I really don't know how. All i can tell you are the changes that I've made. I switched one meal a day with my high protein shake, made sure that I'm eating a lean protein and veggies with every single meal throughout the day. I haven't had coffee since the end of May. I only drink water or water with crystal light, I have 4-5 few sips of a protein shake before bed (that was recommended by my nutritionist), curbs sweet cravings and i don't wake up super hungry either. And that's about it at this point. I'm actually down from 334 to 307 as of yesterday. My pre-op diet starts on 7/18. Basically continuing what i've been doing (low carb, high protein) since my pre-op diet is not liquid. I do intend on doing the weekend before surgery all liquid though just to clear my body out and get ready. But we will see how it goes! 

Most Active
Recent Topics