What to Bring to the Hospital

honeywell
on 7/5/16 8:06 am

I have a feeling I will not be paying much attention to my phone, either. Haha!

Thank you!

popbella
on 7/3/16 7:19 pm
VSG on 06/17/16

I hear ya about the free of confinement for the boobs.  I hate not having one on and feel very self conscious not wearing one.  Unfortunately, with having VSG, one of the incisions is between the boobs just at the bra line.  In the hospital it wasn't such a big deal to not wear one, but I went almost a whole week after surgery without because I didn't want to disturb that incision.

I brought with me the usual toiletries, a pair of stretchy pj pants for my walks and for when visitors came, sunglasses (which I was thankful for because the morning sun glared right on my bed), my kindle fire (I was watching episodes of OITNB the same day I had my surgery...I was so thankful I brought it to pass the time), phone, extra hair elastics and slip on shoes.  I wore the same loose clothing (minus the bra) that I wore to the hospital...just a new pair of underwear.

Everyone mentioning the lip balm is spot on.  The hospitals are so dry.  Mine was the first thing I packed...I'm addicted as it is and don't leave home without it.

Good luck on your surgery!  

honeywell
on 7/5/16 8:13 am

I am also very self conscious when I'm not wearing a bra. I know I shouldn't be when I'll be in the hospital recovering!

Sunglasses!!! Great suggestion! When I had a cardiac cath and was recovering for a few hours in a room, the sun was RIGHT IN MY EYES. I will definitely be bringing a pair.

Thank you!!

petra65
on 7/4/16 1:26 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

I also took stuff I didnt use.  I had lip balm and biotene spray and never used them.  I took pajama bottoms to walk in the hall.  I had my phone and ipad but used them minimally.  I was mostly either asleep or trying not to throw up.  I honestly think they gave me too much anesthesia.  Ive never had a reaction like that before but then again, Ive never had most of my stomach removed either.  I was home for 2 days before the nausea completely resolved.  I dont think my reaction is typical.  

honeywell
on 7/5/16 8:43 am
On July 4, 2016 at 8:26 AM Pacific Time, petra65 wrote:

I also took stuff I didnt use.  I had lip balm and biotene spray and never used them.  I took pajama bottoms to walk in the hall.  I had my phone and ipad but used them minimally.  I was mostly either asleep or trying not to throw up.  I honestly think they gave me too much anesthesia.  Ive never had a reaction like that before but then again, Ive never had most of my stomach removed either.  I was home for 2 days before the nausea completely resolved.  I dont think my reaction is typical.  

Oh no! I'm so sorry you had so much trouble with nausea!

I hope you're doing well now!

Sammy2929
on 7/5/16 6:22 am
VSG on 05/02/16

I wore the same clothes home that I wore to the hospital.  I took my own pillow.

I took to much, the ipad was a waste.  I was sleeping to much to use it.  I took crossword books, did not use.  All the toiletries I took were a waste because the hospital provided me with everything from lip balm and lotion to toothpaste and brush, mouthwash etc.

I wore two hospital gowns so my butt didn't stick out, easy peasy....

Hairbrush and pillow were all I really needed and used.

Good luck!!

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

honeywell
on 7/5/16 8:44 am
On July 5, 2016 at 1:22 PM Pacific Time, Sammy2929 wrote:

I wore the same clothes home that I wore to the hospital.  I took my own pillow.

I took to much, the ipad was a waste.  I was sleeping to much to use it.  I took crossword books, did not use.  All the toiletries I took were a waste because the hospital provided me with everything from lip balm and lotion to toothpaste and brush, mouthwash etc.

I wore two hospital gowns so my butt didn't stick out, easy peasy....

Hairbrush and pillow were all I really needed and used.

Good luck!!

Definitely have to remember to pack my pillow! :)

Thank you!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/8/16 6:39 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I posted this to my blog a little bit ago :)

http://thickto.fit/2016/06/27/recommended-items-for-weight-l oss-surgery/

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Most Active
Recent Topics