6 days post op

VSGAmanda614
on 6/20/16 9:02 am
VSG on 06/14/16

Today is day 6 and I'm down 7 pounds.. It's been a long 6 days, My largest incision is very sore and stings when I stand up or sit down and It's still very swollen around it, If anyone has been through this I'd love your feedback..

Neesie57
on 6/20/16 9:15 am
VSG on 08/04/15

My largest incision felt like a stab wound for about 2 weeks, then it got better.  That incision is the one where they remove the remainder of your stomach, so it is stretched more than the other ones.  It will be fine, it will just take a little while.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

time_for_me
on 6/20/16 9:36 am

My surgery was the day after yours (15th).  I am the same way.  Big incision is the only painful one. Not able to get much down either so I'm feeling pretty rundown right now.  Returned to work 1/2 days today and tomorrow to see how I do.  Can't wait until I start protein shakes again...hoping that will help the energy.  Congrats for being on the losing side!

VSGAmanda614
on 6/20/16 10:50 am
VSG on 06/14/16

They don't have you on Protein shakes yet? It took me a couple days before i could actually get down any sort of liquids it felt like a baseball in the pit of my belly..

Good Luck in your journey  

time_for_me
on 6/21/16 6:35 pm

No, clear liquids only for the 1st week then full liquids for the next 2 weeks.  I am unable to get more than a few sips of anything down.  My chest still feels so tight.  Today has been especially hard because even water hurts =(  I am very worried about getting dehydrated so I think tomorrow I am going to get me a G2 fruit punch and see how that works.  Those were always a fav before I realized how many carbs.  At this point, I just need something to go down!  Hard to imagine getting to a point where we can eat real food again.  I know it will come in time though just have to be patient.  And avoid the dyhydration monster!

VSGAmanda614
on 6/22/16 7:09 am
VSG on 06/14/16

Try freezing water into those popsicle molds.. Those work and I found my molds at walmart. You can freeze whatever you want into them.. I was dehydrated a few days ago and had to go to the hospital.. NO FUN.. Hope this helps :)

sarahabigail10
on 6/22/16 10:29 pm
VSG on 06/16/16

Have you tried Popsicles?  i am 7 days post op as of 12o'clock and that was my biggest thing is getting my water intake I never feel thirsty then my doc suggested Popsicles to keep from dehydration between drinking water and sucking on Popsicles most days I reach my 32oz a day and some days I come just shy.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/20/16 11:20 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

My biggest incision was my worst, I imagine for everyone its the same.

After a few days it got less sore with movement, but then it got REALLY irritated feeling which I found was due to my undershirt rubbing it as I walked around work. I ended up buying some big bandages, cutting the thin sticky side off the long edges and would put over it. This kept my shirt from rubbing it and was able to get plenty of air in from the sides. Once I did that, smooth sailing! :)

Also had to trim my sutures some because they'd snag on my shirts as I moved

It gets better quick :) 

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

VSGAmanda614
on 6/20/16 11:22 am
VSG on 06/14/16

Great idea.. I'll give that a try..

Most Active
Recent Topics