What are you doing/eating today ( Tuesday)

birdiegirl
on 10/20/14 7:26 pm, edited 10/20/14 7:37 pm

Edited twice for spelling....duh  

Morning

Had a great ride south and its so good to feel some real warmth.  This past summer was disappointing in the heat department.  Lots to do today to get our place up and running for the season. 

STEPS - 4600

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1/2 quest bar

L - leftover beef tenderloin

1/2 cup of broccoli and cauliflower

S - Light and fit Greek yogurt

D - Caesar salad - 2 cups

Grilled chicken

S - s/f popsicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 823,  Carbs - 28 Grams,  Fat - 35 Grams,  Protein - 106 Grams

( this isn't enough calories for me - will add something after I get groceries.....in the 2-300 calorie range)

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 10/20/14 8:24 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb I am envious you enjoying warm weather, it is so cold here this week.  

Today it's off to pick up my friend of 30 years and along with our visitor we will go swimming.  Hopefully I will see strategic ally at the pool today as Tuesdays are her day to exercise.  Then my visitor and myself are having lunch with a different set of girls from yesterday.  He is quite a flirt for 83 and loves the attention. Then tonight we are visiting friends at their house.

3 months post-op

B. Chike before and after swimming, then lots of decaf with sweetener

S. Jello sugar free chocolate pudding

L. Black bean chipotle burger with avocado and pico de gallo

S. Kays natural veggie pizza puffs

D. Pickerel and baked beans

S. Fit frappe hot chocolate

MFP totals cal. 854 Carbs. 68 Fat 30 Protein 102

Have a great day everyone.  Tanya your new pic looks amazing.

Karen M.
on 10/20/14 8:50 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Barb, have a fabulous time and enjoy the sunshine!

Going out for lunch today with lexxiblu (yay!), a couple of errands to run, and meeting friends for coffee late afternoon. Not sure what else at this point other than house "stuff".

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Source Greek 50

S - Premier protein shake

L - either 1/2 lobster/avocado wrap or 1/2 baked chili

S - Chike protein iced coffee (we'll see, might just be coffee)

D - other 1/2 of lunch

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TanyaLH
on 10/20/14 9:11 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

16 months post op

steps 16863

Good morning Ladies,

Barb, enjoy the warmth, (envious)

CC, can't wait to hear how the pool take over goes.  

Karen, enjoy your lunch and coffee with friends today.

I am off to work shortly, nothing planned. Jasper and I will be going for our morning walk soon.

B- coffee, 1/2 c Cheerios, 1/4 c skim milk

S- protein decafe coffee

L- 3 oz greek turkey burger w/ 1/3 c roasted portabello mushroom 

D- same as lunch

S- 1 c  NSA chocolate almond milk w/ 1 teaspoon Macca powder, vanilla, stevia

Be well everyone

Tanya

kellybelly333
on 10/20/14 9:18 pm - Toronto, Canada

Morning all! Still resting before I add exercise in again. I might do some yoga tonight, but I pretty much passed out from utter exhaustion last night lol

having a protein shake for sure, some chicken and pasta for lunch and chicken for dinner. Veggies and hummus, cheese and ryvita.

have a great day all!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Nanato2
on 10/20/14 9:33 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I am doing the 5DPT this week to try and help get rid of the carb/sugar monster that has crept back into my lifestyle.

Protein shakes, soup, protein pudding and lots of water for me today. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Karen M.
on 10/20/14 9:48 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I wi**** wasn't called "The 5 Day Pouch Test" and I also wish the author wouldn't insinuate that people can "shrink their pouch", which is ridiculous. It IS, however, an effective way to kick carbs to the curb. It's tough, but for me, it has worked effectively to carb-detox. Good luck!

Karen

Nanato2
on 10/20/14 10:27 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Yes agreed Karen it is a carb-detox. This whole thing is such a mind game I tried for months to cut out the carbs and had no luck even did the mindful eating training with no success and here I am on day two and have had no issues with sticking to it. My hubby is also cutting back this week as he has gained some weight over the summer due to him not being able to workout due to health issue.  

Karen when is your next coffee group? 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Karen M.
on 10/20/14 10:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good for you. I find that sometimes I need a *kick in the ass* to cut carbs if they have snuck too far into my life, simple moderation doesn't seem to do it for me. I actually enjoy the 5dpt once I get to day 3. lol

Next coffee night is Tuesday, November 4th at the Tims on Lakeshore in Clarkson (1785 Lakeshore Rd W) at 6:30.

K. :)

Karen

Patm
on 10/20/14 10:59 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad your ride south was uneventful. Our weather here should improve a little tomorrow. Then I can get some last rides into work. Once it gets too cold I move the bike in doors to a stand. I do not bike as much stationary. Sould of swam today but fighting off a cold and just felt too fuzzy. Getting work done will be enough.

b liberte yogurt, granola

l turkey barley soup, carrots and hummus

s pure protein bar

d chicken in salsa

s not sure may just go to bed.

cal 809, carb 64.4, prot 62.8

Most Active