What are you eating/doing today (Saturday)

Karen M.
on 10/4/14 2:35 am - Mississauga, Canada

I have tried those as well - they're the un-breaded ones, right? The stats sound good, check for carbs if it's breaded/coated, and just be aware of the sodium in these. All M&M meats are what they call "seasoned", which usually means quite a lot of salt.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sassy75
on 10/4/14 2:41 am, edited 10/4/14 2:42 am - North York, Canada

Hi Karen, 

i have celiac disease so no breading or coating for me. They are the ones you thought, plain on the outside. I also bought some sirloin beef meatballs. Both were gluten free which I was excited about. 

Karen M.
on 10/4/14 2:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

M&Ms will actually send you a list of all of their gluten free products if you ask them (my mom has Celiac too).

26g protein is great for 5 oz. I found I couldn't eat the whole thing (and this was just last week lol) but it was tasty.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sassy75
on 10/4/14 2:51 am - North York, Canada

Yah, it does look quite large. As for the gluten free, the salesperson was great. Very informative. He also have me a link to check online so I can plan before I go into the store. I was picking up pizza for the kids for dinner and thought I would pop in while I waited and I found a bunch a great things :) 

Zizzler
on 10/4/14 7:13 am

An hour of recumbent cycling at the gym, then some weight lifting.  They are turning my women-only goodlife gym into a fit for less location, and apparently I will not have access to it either, which sucks.  I really liked having a place I could exercise without the whole pick up feeling that most co-ed gyms have.  Sigh.  Did my grocery shopping today, which was exhausting, I hate shopping on Saturday, its too busy.  Tonight will be relaxing with a good book, maybe watch a movie, take a nice long bath later, snuggling with my dogs. 

b - premier protein shake, multivitamin, b12

s - decaf coffee, 1 egg, 3 strips bacon, calcium/d

l - 6 wedge fries, sf kool aid, calcium/d

s - 2 liberte strawberry banana greek yogurts (a little more carbs than the sf but tastes really good)

d - leftover spaghetti squash with san marzano garlic sauce, parmesan petals (first time trying the petals)

s - protein hot chocolate, maybe some soup, feels right for a rainy day

Blueiiis
on 10/4/14 10:56 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Do I see bacon on your menu? I love bacon.... And didn't think we would be able to eat it!! How does it sit with you? 

Zizzler
on 10/4/14 11:20 am, edited 10/4/14 11:24 am

I only had 3 slices of extra crispy bacon and it was ok, I won't eat more than that as I start to feel a little nausea. This was a rare exception, I don't usually eat bacon, I was out at a restaurant with friends.  I also made sure to chew very well.  It is not my favourite actually, and I used to loooove bacon, guess your tastes do change after surgery.  Its more about how it feels in your pouch.  Also not crazy about eggs, although I was never really an egg fan.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Blueiiis
on 10/4/14 11:28 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Mmmmm bacon. Good to know that I could try it someday - you know I am not adventurous with food yet.  :)

Most Active