Henry Ford Hospital for RNY

DaisyDude
on 4/6/09 9:32 am - Canada
Hello everyone,
I'm wondering if there's anyone on here who's been to Henry Ford Hospital and had the RNY.
I've got a stack of papers that I downloaded from Wanda's email and I'm not sure what needs to be done in Ontario.
All I've had done so far is the blood tests and I've got to go for a chest x-ray.
I believe there's an ECG or EKG that can't be done until a month before scheduled surgery.
The next meeting is May 4th and I want to call them soon to make sure I get a spot.
Can anyone help?
Thanks so much,
Daisy
blondie0216
on 4/6/09 9:40 am - Canada

Hi Daisy

I had my RNY at Henry Ford In Wyandotte with Dr, Hendrick.  My family doctor did all the paperwork for me and i just did all the tests. 
Which meeting are you going to on May 4th?  If it is just the information session you can call and book a spot.  That is what i did anyways.

I hope this helps
And way to go on you steps to a healthier you.

Dawn

DaisyDude
on 4/6/09 9:54 am - Canada
Hi Dawn,

The initial meeting is the information session, but apparently you stay overnight and meet with the surgeon the next day.
I just don't want to screw this up.  Not only am I absolutely petrified of surgery (previous bad experiences), but I'm terrible with directions (going to the clinic) and I applied to OHIP last September.  The wait is just killing me!

Daisy
mamahally
on 4/7/09 12:38 am, edited 4/7/09 12:41 am - Canada
You applied last Sept. and haven't heard anything yet????  Something is wrong with that.  Did your family doc send in your application?

Edited to say...I see you have been approved.   Congratulations!  I had Dr. Carlin and loved him and HFH (even if some on this board seem to hold them in low regard) and had no complications and a smooth recovery and steady weight loss.  Good luck on your journey!

ann T.
on 4/6/09 10:09 am
Hi
I am going for surgery may 19th there .
the blood work chest xray and ekg need to be done here

its actually mind boggling but smooth once you get going
pm me if you like more details

Dr. G. and Dr. C are amazing welcome to our great ride

Ann 

There's no night without stars.
Andre Norton

DaisyDude
on 4/6/09 12:30 pm - Canada
Thanks for the info.  Every little bit puts my mind a little more at ease.
I haven't told anyone in my family yet, but we are getting together for Easter, so here goes!

How long after your information session was it before your surgery was booked?

Daisy
ann T.
on 4/6/09 10:15 am, edited 4/6/09 10:20 am
tried to reply . lost once .reposted.and up popped the first......grrrrrrrrrrr

sorry I dont know who your surgeon is but Wanda I believe works with Dr. G and Dr. C. at Detroit HFH.

bloodwork, ekg. chestxray, can be done here. the psych, physio they do at HFH

Ann

Ann 

There's no night without stars.
Andre Norton

DaisyDude
on 4/6/09 12:34 pm - Canada
OH, ok, I was wondering about the psych. and physio. stress test.
Good to know!
Yes, Wanda Szymanski is the nurse in charge.  I have her email address, but
I don't want to sound like a complete idiot, so I thought I'd talk to a few people
on here that know about this.

Thanks, Daisy.
cuppaloopy
on 4/15/09 2:51 am, edited 4/15/09 5:34 am - Canada
Hi I was just approved from ohip for the RYN surgery. I was wondering if you could give me nurse Wanda's email address from Henry Ford Hospital Detroit.  I was told to contact her about the bariatric class. I called her twice and she still hasn't got back to me yet. It's been a week since I was told to call her. I thought I should of heard by now.
Bruce Jr.
on 4/6/09 12:35 pm - Collingwood, Canada
 Your listed surgeon only does the DS at Critterton hospital (better on both counts in my less than humble opinion).
high 47BMI/360lbs, now @ goal since 1.25 years post DS 23.5BMI/187lbs
"Faith is not the answer, it only stops you from asking the questions"- Frater Ravus
Most Active
Recent Topics