What's the plan for Sunday?

White Dove
on 4/7/24 5:52 am - Warren, OH

You are such an amazing aunt. I know how excited I would have been at that age to have gotten all those great presents. I don't know anything about Dungeons and Dragons. When my son was in his teens I remember their games going all night.

We are in a prime place for the eclipse and there are visitors in town from as far away as Germany. All hotels and B&Bs have been booked for months. Schools and many businesses are closing for the event. Last total eclipse was in 1806.

Our condo is having a viewing party tomorrow. There will be good food and wine and a chance to talk and catch up with people. Should be fun.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 4/7/24 6:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You didn't have any of the totality in 2017? My aunt was directly underneath it and it was amazing. I cut up a pair of eclipse glasses and my photos were incredible (if I do say so myself). I think if Ohio and Tennessee as being near so I thought that whole area had at least a few minutes of the totality. I think we had about 6 minutes.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 4/7/24 6:54 am - Warren, OH

I am in Warren wnich is NE top of state. In 2017 you needed to in the southwest portion of Ohio like Cincinnati for total eclipse. We had about a minute and not total. I was driving at the time and missed it. This time they say we will have about 8 minutes of total darkness.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/7/24 7:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Here are a few of the pictures

Jen

White Dove
on 4/7/24 8:09 am - Warren, OH

If you ever decide on a second career, be a photographer. You are so gifted.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/7/24 8:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Aww, thank you. I enjoy it but am also very happy to have digital, there are more bad ones than good ones!

Jen

White Dove
on 4/7/24 9:49 am - Warren, OH

I have digital and it is so rare for me to ever get a good one. You have the eye and the ability to catch at the right time.

Melody P.
on 4/7/24 10:51 pm - Amarillo, TX

I agree with you! Digital is just awesome. I also love post editing because I tend to shoot in raw and JPEG. The raw requires the editing but my P&S is all jpeg so it usually just gets cropped or what not.

We really do live in amazing times for technology.

Mel

Melody P.
on 4/7/24 10:48 pm - Amarillo, TX

Aww thank you so much!

We are on,y getting around 80% totality here BUT it's supposed to be cloudy so we'll probably miss out.

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 307 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 226 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 292 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?